Waterloo Region Connected
Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | completed - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Land Development and Real Estate (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Urban Areas (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | completed (/showthread.php?tid=1146)

RE: Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | U/C - tomh009 - 12-21-2018

(12-21-2018, 02:05 AM)jeffster Wrote: So I gather they expect the bulk of the work to be completed within 1 1/2 years. Nice.

Once they get to the interior (which will still take a while) they probably can open up the road to normal capacity.

RE: Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | U/C - Spokes - 12-21-2018

Ya at that point I can't see any reason to have more than a couple single day closures.

RE: Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | U/C - Momo26 - 12-21-2018

Being 39 floors now, anyone have an official # of units count? How many units per floor?

RE: Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | U/C - JJTL - 12-21-2018

(12-21-2018, 10:38 AM)Momo26 Wrote: Being 39 floors now, anyone have an official # of units count? How many units per floor?

I recall the articles at the time the original 33 story building was announced, mentioned 410 total units. Seems the web page is not accessible at the moment. The previous numbers equate to an average of over 12 units per floor. Based on that, I would guesstimate the 39 story version to be near 500 units.

RE: Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | U/C - jeremyroman - 12-23-2018

(12-20-2018, 10:54 AM)Ace Wrote: Sorry! The remainder is all you. It's a shame we can't make this a collaborative project with Earth. 

I believe you can use SketchUp together with Google Earth to do this sort of site modelling.

Edit: Hmm, seems that feature may have been moved to the commercial version of SketchUp after Google sold it.

RE: Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | U/C - jeffster - 01-02-2019

Anyone know if any work is being done at this site? Hopefully some digging soon and another large crane!

RE: Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | U/C - KevinL - 01-03-2019

The hoardings are now completed, and the Duke sidewalk has fully reopened. They've still closed Frederick temporarily, I think to make sure that the vehicular entrance there still works smoothly.

RE: Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | U/C - Rainrider22 - 01-03-2019

I would think it will be a while before we see a crane. A lot of shoring and caisson wall before excavation can even begin. I am guessing summer time for a crane at the earliest. This will likely be a deep hole like Charlie West..

RE: Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | U/C - jgsz - 01-03-2019

(01-03-2019, 08:03 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: I would think it will be a while before we see a crane.  A lot of shoring and caisson wall before excavation can even begin.  I am guessing summer time for a crane at the earliest.  This will likely be a deep hole like Charlie West..

I think the crane will go up much sooner.  DTK has a permit for 39 floors + 1 below grade so there would be no reason for a really deep hole.  But I'm not an engineer..... 

RE: Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | U/C - Rainrider22 - 01-03-2019

(01-03-2019, 09:15 AM)jgsz Wrote:
(01-03-2019, 08:03 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: I would think it will be a while before we see a crane.  A lot of shoring and caisson wall before excavation can even begin.  I am guessing summer time for a crane at the earliest.  This will likely be a deep hole like Charlie West..

I think the crane will go up much sooner.  DTK has a permit for 39 floors + 1 below grade so there would be no reason for a really deep hole.  But I'm not an engineer..... 

I predict June 3rd, the same day ION starts. Which will be interesting because they will have to close the tracks for LTR at Duke for the erection of the crane !!

RE: Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | U/C - rangersfan - 01-03-2019

I predict that nothing will happen until the building permit is issued!

RE: Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | U/C - jgsz - 01-03-2019

(01-03-2019, 12:00 PM)rangersfan Wrote: I predict that nothing will happen until the building permit is issued!

Okay but that’s beside the point!

RE: Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | U/C - KevinL - 01-03-2019

Quote:they will have to close the tracks for LTR at Duke for the erection of the crane !!
Good one, but all future road closures will naturally be on the Frederick side.

RE: Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | U/C - Spokes - 01-07-2019

Permits. Blah big deal! hah

With the amount of above ground parking they've got, there shouldn't be much digging. Hope it starts soon.

RE: Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | U/C - Momo26 - 01-07-2019

Sorry if I forgot or missed it, when is the crane expected to be up on this project?