Waterloo Region Connected
Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | completed - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Land Development and Real Estate (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Urban Areas (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | completed (/showthread.php?tid=1146)

RE: Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | U/C - Rainrider22 - 04-29-2019

Thanks for the update ..

RE: Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | U/C - ZEBuilder - 04-29-2019

i think they are going to do a mass pour now

RE: Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | U/C - jgsz - 04-29-2019

I was wrong about them rebuilding the ramp.  They actually took away all the soil from the Frederick Street side and were putting in more slats of wood as part of the retaining wall.  I have no idea how they will remove the back hoe and all the other equipment.  But I'm sure they know what to do...

RE: Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | U/C - EdM - 04-29-2019

(04-29-2019, 03:45 PM)jgsz Wrote: I was wrong about them rebuilding the ramp.  They actually took away all the soil from the Frederick Street side and were putting in more slats of wood as part of the retaining wall.  I have no idea how they will remove the back hoe and all the other equipment.  But I'm sure they know what to do...

Same way as at Charlie West I assume - lifting it out with a (large) mobile crane. One morning on my way in to work I saw them setting up (and couldn't stay to watch, although I chatted with a nice retired gentleman who was going to take some photos -- on film).

Searching for "mobile crane excavator lift" will turn up some photos and videos to give a good idea.

RE: Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | U/C - ZEBuilder - 05-02-2019

there's another road closure the 9th and the 10th of may i'm thinking it is for another concrete pour but i may be wrong.

RE: Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | U/C - mastermind - 05-03-2019

(05-02-2019, 11:49 AM)ZEBuilder Wrote: there's another road closure the 9th and the 10th of may i'm thinking it is for another concrete pour but i may be wrong.

It sure could be but also could be the install of the tower crane, that pad will be a few weeks old and strong enough to support the crane by then.

RE: Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | U/C - Rainrider22 - 05-08-2019

As I was driving to work early this morning towards the 401, I couldn't help but notice a couple of very large mobile cranes driving into Kitchener. Wasn't there a road closure posted for this project today ? Perhaps the tower crane is being erected .

RE: Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | U/C - ZEBuilder - 05-08-2019

(05-08-2019, 10:28 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: As I was driving to work early this morning towards the 401, I couldn't help but notice a couple of very large mobile cranes driving into Kitchener.  Wasn't there a road closure posted for this project today ?  Perhaps the tower crane is being erected .

it was tomorrow on the 9th and the 10th

RE: Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | U/C - Rainrider22 - 05-08-2019

JGSZ... We need updated pics please..

RE: Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | U/C - ZEBuilder - 05-08-2019

JGSZ may we please have a pic

RE: Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | U/C - jgsz - 05-09-2019

2019-05-09

We came back from Montreal last night and not much has changed since we left.  Over a week ago they they worked on the retaining wall and then rebuilt the ramp to Frederick Street.  The backhoe managed to work its way up the ramp and is now gone.  Other than that, very little work was done on this site last week.  Some workers put up more rebar but some days nobody was on site.  I took this picture after 7:00 AM today.  They usually start work at 7:00 AM but there is no one on site.  I have no idea why things have slowed to a crawl.   

RE: Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | U/C - Rainrider22 - 05-09-2019

My guess is they need a crane. There is no room for a portable crane now.

RE: Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | U/C - jgsz - 05-10-2019

(05-09-2019, 07:20 AM)Rainrider22 Wrote: My guess is they need a crane.  There is no room for a portable crane now.

2019-05-10

You were correct.  Today Frederick Street is closed and it looks like the crane, or some part of it, will be erected.  

RE: Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | U/C - Rainrider22 - 05-10-2019

Awesome, thanks for the picture.

RE: Duke Tower Kitchener | 39 fl | U/C - jgsz - 05-10-2019

So the crane is being erected right smack dab in the middle of that massive foundation they poured a while ago.