Waterloo Region Connected
Grand River Transit - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Waterloo Region Works (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Transportation and Infrastructure (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Grand River Transit (/showthread.php?tid=13)

RE: Grand River Transit - Canard - 02-15-2015

Not sure - Maybe ask the driver? Twitter?

RE: Grand River Transit - taylortbb - 02-15-2015

(02-15-2015, 02:05 PM)Waterlooer Wrote: The last few days I've noticed the 200 iXpress buses are going down King Street to get from Fairview to Sportsworld and vice versa instead of taking highway 8. Does anyone know why the sudden change?

I don't know the answer, but if you don't get an answer here the place to ask is CPTDB's Waterloo forum. Lots of GRT drivers and fans on there, far more than WRC.

RE: Grand River Transit - Canard - 02-15-2015

That forum is hilarious. All they do is say they spotted a bus number. And for a public transit discussion forum, all they do is talk about busses. Virtual zero discussion of rail-based transit.

RE: Grand River Transit - Pheidippides - 02-16-2015

(02-15-2015, 02:05 PM)Waterlooer Wrote: The last few days I've noticed the 200 iXpress buses are going down King Street to get from Fairview to Sportsworld and vice versa instead of taking highway 8. Does anyone know why the sudden change?

I know on Friday night it was due to a crash blocking the usual route, not sure about other times.

RE: Grand River Transit - Waterlooer - 02-16-2015

I know I'm way over analyzing this but just the other day they added King Street as one of the routes for the 200

[Image: Capture_zpsgirqw7sl.png]

RE: Grand River Transit - Elmira Guy - 02-20-2015

A quick question for those in the know.

How far can one get out Victoria Street, North on GRT? I'm looking to get to Centennial Ct.
What bus # comes closest to that area?
I'd be coming from Weber & Lincoln area of Waterloo.

Would appreciate any input.

RE: Grand River Transit - Osiris - 02-20-2015

Take the 8 to Margaret and Queen, transfer to the 15:
https://goo.gl/maps/6lc0u

Victoria and Lackner is likely as far east as GRT will take you.

RE: Grand River Transit - Markster - 02-20-2015

Yeah, that's a trip I'd get a CarShare car for.

The 2015 GRT improvements will make it a little more feasible for transit, but it will still be lacking. The 204 will offer a more direct express bus along Victoria N to Lackner, while the 15 will be moved to Shirley, and will provide more rush-hour coverage for the industrial park than is currently afforded by the existing extension of the 15 (one early AM trip, and 2 late PM trips).

RE: Grand River Transit - Elmira Guy - 02-20-2015

Sadly, I don't drive, so a car share is not an option.

I helped (in a small way) create support for GRT service to Elmira, and it astounds me that Breslau is not connected, given the minor distance from existing routes.

Guess I'll have to walk from Lackner to Centennial and back.

RE: Grand River Transit - Waterlooer - 02-20-2015

The service out that way is terrible. I remember I was trying to get out to Bingamans with a friend a few weeks ago on a Sunday and it took forever. Had to walk a lot of the way.

RE: Grand River Transit - panamaniac - 02-20-2015

It seems odd that the growing suburbs in Breslau do not yet have GRT service. Is it in the cards?

RE: Grand River Transit - clasher - 02-21-2015

I imagine it's something that the township of woolwhich would have to pay for and there probably isn't a lot of support for that yet but maybe they could run a loop from fairvirew mall out over the new bridge and up through Breslau and back down Victoria or something.

RE: Grand River Transit - KevinL - 02-21-2015

Not sure if going all the way down to Fairway is practical - extending the 15 over the Victoria St bridge, having a terminal loop in Breslau, and returning the way it came seems a good enough start.

But yes, the township would have to be on board.

RE: Grand River Transit - Canard - 02-21-2015

...And have an optional stop by the airport that is synched up to inbound/outbound flights, even.

RE: Grand River Transit - clasher - 02-21-2015

Yeah it would be nice to see an airport loop for any route out there. I'm not sure if loop routes are all that great of an idea anyway, it might be more useful to riders to have the bus go and come down the same road. I don't ride the bus so I dunno.