Waterloo Region Connected
Grand River Transit - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Waterloo Region Works (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Transportation and Infrastructure (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Grand River Transit (/showthread.php?tid=13)

RE: Grand River Transit - timc - 06-28-2019

The newer ones are not as tall. Also, from what I have heard, the routes that the double-deckers buses take are carefully planned to avoid low overpasses, and drivers are not supposed to deviate from those plans.

RE: Grand River Transit - KevinL - 06-28-2019

Either this driver was unfamiliar with Charles Terminal, or the new jersey barriers closing the GRT lanes threw him off.

RE: Grand River Transit - ijmorlan - 06-28-2019

(06-28-2019, 02:47 PM)timc Wrote:
(06-28-2019, 02:38 PM)Bob_McBob Wrote: A GO bus got wedged under a pedestrian bridge at the Charles St terminal.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/double-decker-bus-hits-overpass-at-kitchener-s-charles-street-terminal-1.5193930

Hmm. There's a "no double-decker bus" sign right over that spot. Amazing.

Weird. I understand their routes are very carefully laid out, and actually I thought they had some sort of cut-off that would deactivate them if they went off-route.

All the lanes at Charles Terminal are marked with signs prohibiting double-decker buses, except for the far one by Joseph, which has signs explicitly permitting them. I assume they are/were used for turning around.

Also odd that Metrolinx thought there was somebody in the bridge. The bridges are now locked. Doesn’t mean it’s impossible, just that normally one would not expect anybody in there now.

RE: Grand River Transit - Bob_McBob - 07-03-2019

There seems to be some sort of payment issue with July passes. Quite a few reports of payments made at the beginning of the week still showing as "pending" and the passes not being accepted on buses. Apparently drivers are supposed to let it fly for now, but some are still kicking people off.

RE: Grand River Transit - KevinL - 07-03-2019

My autoload went through without an issue, as it almost always does. Perhaps it helps that I first used it today?

RE: Grand River Transit - bgb_ca - 07-03-2019

I'm curious on the auto reload. Does it happen on the same day for everyone or can you specify a day? I just go in and do it manually each month right now.

RE: Grand River Transit - Lens - 07-03-2019

We went to purchase our pass over the weekend at Victoria Park Station and amazingly it is STILL not allowing purchase of passes. We were able to still go to the Charles Terminal and buy one but I can't believe the vending machines still aren't all ready to go. Has anyone successfully used one?

RE: Grand River Transit - Bob_McBob - 07-03-2019

I know only a few stations had working machines before launch, but it's surprising they still weren't available on the weekend.

RE: Grand River Transit - plam - 07-03-2019

The Ticket Vending Machines are quite bad (nonresponsive to touch, don't accept cards). Pretty sure one ate $3.25 on my spouse's credit card today and failed to dispense a ticket after she forgot her EasyGO card at home.

RE: Grand River Transit - danbrotherston - 07-04-2019

(07-03-2019, 10:44 PM)plam Wrote: The Ticket Vending Machines are quite bad (nonresponsive to touch, don't accept cards). Pretty sure one ate $3.25 on my spouse's credit card today and failed to dispense a ticket after she forgot her EasyGO card at home.

Given the website...I'm not terribly surprised by this.

It makes me almost mad enough to try and build some of this software.

RE: Grand River Transit - avernar - 07-04-2019

I bought a EasyGo card on Tuesday at Conestoga.  The pay now button wasn't responding.  So I toggled the do you want a receipt option to yes then no again and the pay button worked and was able to tap my debit card.

RE: Grand River Transit - Bob_McBob - 07-04-2019

It feels like every single time I check GRT's site there's a new message about problems with EasyGO payments.

[Image: vZM7E14.png]

RE: Grand River Transit - plam - 07-04-2019

I mean, I guess PRESTO is bad but we're working on rivalling it...

RE: Grand River Transit - KevinL - 07-04-2019

The customer service desk currently at Charles terminal will move to King and Benton (ground floor of the Crowne Plaza) effective Monday.

RE: Grand River Transit - MidTowner - 07-05-2019

Seems like the EasyGO system is still not functioning properly. I have a transaction from Tuesday morning still showing as 'pending.'

I spoke with someone on Ion yesterday afternoon who was still waiting on hers, and whose card showed a negative balance. She had received no answers from GRT customer service, and seemed pretty patient about it considering a bus driver initially told her she couldn't board on Wednesday morning. His direction to her when he finally acquiesced was to "bring change tomorrow."