Waterloo Region Connected
Barra on Queen | 7 fl | Complete - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Land Development and Real Estate (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Urban Areas (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Barra on Queen | 7 fl | Complete (/showthread.php?tid=130)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Barra Castle on Queen | ? m | 7 fl | Proposed - Section ThirtyOne - 04-18-2017

Definitely new.

RE: Barra Castle on Queen | ? m | 7 fl | Proposed - panamaniac - 04-19-2017

Exciting confirmation that the developer can build a sign ....

RE: Barra Castle on Queen | ? m | 7 fl | Proposed - danbrotherston - 04-20-2017

Could there be more buzzwords on that sign.  

I don't know about anyone else but referring to it as "Exclusive" and "Boutique" almost turns me off.

I had the same reaction to the "Private Residences" that 155 Caroline turned into.

Perhaps I am just not their target audience---despite the fact that I was interested in the style and location of that development.

RE: Barra Castle on Queen | ? m | 7 fl | Proposed - clasher - 04-20-2017

I'm gonna call every apartment building a "collection of suites" from now on.

RE: Barra Castle on Queen | ? m | 7 fl | Proposed - panamaniac - 04-20-2017

There's a new project in Toronto where every apartment is described as a "penthouse".

RE: Barra Castle on Queen | ? m | 7 fl | Proposed - Viewfromthe42 - 04-20-2017

Some of this marketing almost seems as though it is aimed at flippers and investors rather than future residents, seems intent on misleading in a way that only non-locals could possibly be deceived by.

RE: Barra Castle on Queen | ? m | 7 fl | Proposed - danbrotherston - 04-20-2017

(04-20-2017, 03:05 PM)Chicopee Wrote:
(04-20-2017, 09:59 AM)danbrotherston Wrote: Could there be more buzzwords on that sign.  

I don't know about anyone else but referring to it as "Exclusive" and "Boutique" almost turns me off.

I had the same reaction to the "Private Residences" that 155 Caroline turned into.

Perhaps I am just not their target audience---despite the fact that I was interested in the style and location of that development.

I agree. To me, "Exclusive" means small, and "Boutique" means expensive.

Even if I ignore the "expensive" connotations, they just strike me as meaning "I don't like the neighbourhood, here I can pretend I'm not part of it."   But that's just how it feels to me.  Keep in mind, I don't feel particularly community or neighbourhood oriented myself, but I still don't like housing that seems advertised that way.

RE: Barra Castle on Queen | ? m | 7 fl | Proposed - tomh009 - 05-10-2017

Some activity on site today.  And a building permit (17-109086 CB) has been issued for a temporary sales office.

RE: Barra Castle on Queen | ? m | 7 fl | Proposed - Pheidippides - 05-20-2017

Unfortunately that wasn't work on the Barra project, crews were using it as a staging area for some landscaping work at the 379 Queen building (the polo corp offices with the MPP's office) two doors down.

RE: Barra Castle on Queen | ? m | 7 fl | Proposed - amylu416 - 05-25-2017

VIP sales event starting June 9 and 10 if anyone is interested

RE: Barra Castle on Queen | ? m | 7 fl | Proposed - Pheidippides - 05-25-2017

The floor plans were posted to their facebook page too.

RE: Barra Castle on Queen | ? m | 7 fl | Proposed - panamaniac - 05-25-2017

(05-25-2017, 11:44 AM)amylu416 Wrote: VIP sales event starting June 9 and 10 if anyone is interested

Housing for VIPs?  Wink

RE: Barra Castle on Queen | ? m | 7 fl | Proposed - jgsz - 06-06-2017

A "Launch Event" is planned for this Saturday, June 10.

RE: Barra Castle on Queen | ? m | 7 fl | Proposed - panamaniac - 06-06-2017

I'll be interested to hear how sales go. I had doubts about whether this project would ever see the light of day. I'm glad I'm wrong.

RE: Barra Castle on Queen | ? m | 7 fl | Proposed - amylu416 - 06-06-2017

VIP sales start Friday @ 5 @ the Tannery