Waterloo Region Connected
Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Waterloo Region Works (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Transportation and Infrastructure (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF (/showthread.php?tid=19)

RE: Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF - jgsz - 06-13-2017

Jetlines has updated their webpage and their 'conceptual' route map but they don't indicate which city in Southern Ontario will be their hub.  But looking closely at the map I'm pretty sure YKF will be their eastern hub.  Do you agree or am I misreading the map?

This line on their site doesn't look good for YKF:

Quote:Jetlines plans to be the first ULCC operating in Canada. Jetlines plans to build strong primary and secondary routes by operating scheduled point-to-point all jet air service with primary bases at the Vancouver International Airport (“YVR”) and the Hamilton International Airport (“YHM”), 

RE: Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF - panamaniac - 06-13-2017

Is it all a plan to see which airport/municipality can offer them the most enticements, I wonder?

(06-13-2017, 08:01 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Is it all a plan to see which airport/municipality can offer them the most enticements, I wonder?

I think they're well beyond that stage.

Really? Absent an announcement of a decision, I would have thought it would be fair game.

(06-13-2017, 08:05 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Really?  Absent an announcement of a decision, I would have thought it would be fair game.

D. Lawson, one of their team members, was in KW a couple of times last year and early this year.  I know he was very interested in the proposed Breslau GO station but I guess the Region either didn't offer enough of an incentive or they weren't happy with YKF.  So Jetlines will join NewLeaf and fight it out in Hamilton since they want to serve many of the same cities.

So Hamilton is a done deal? I did not know that.

(06-13-2017, 08:33 AM)panamaniac Wrote: So Hamilton is a done deal?  I did not know that.

Obviously there is no official word yet but their website indicates it's Hamilton.  I was really hoping they'd pick YKF.

RE: Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF - SammyOES2 - 06-13-2017

I wouldn't read a ton into their what their website says. For all we know its just text they forgot to update or just haven't updated because its not worth the time/money/effort at this stage.

RE: Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF - tomh009 - 06-14-2017

(06-13-2017, 09:00 AM)SammyOES2 Wrote: I wouldn't read a ton into their what their website says.  For all we know its just text they forgot to update or just haven't updated because its not worth the time/money/effort at this stage.

This.  Websites frequently contain outdated information.  Once they make a decision, they'll surely issue a press release.  And given the new map on the site, which very much doesn't name the hub cities, it's likely not a done deal yet.

RE: Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF - jgsz - 06-14-2017

(06-14-2017, 09:08 AM)tomh009 Wrote:
(06-13-2017, 09:00 AM)SammyOES2 Wrote: I wouldn't read a ton into their what their website says.  For all we know its just text they forgot to update or just haven't updated because its not worth the time/money/effort at this stage.

This.  Websites frequently contain outdated information.  Once they make a decision, they'll surely issue a press release.  And given the new map on the site, which very much doesn't name the hub cities, it's likely not a done deal yet.

Their current website is about a week old.  So I don't think too much of it is out of date.  I searched their site for YKF and nothing came up.

RE: Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF - SammyOES2 - 06-14-2017

My memory (which probably isn't that great) was that Hamilton was pretty prominent before and now its been removed everywhere but that one place. Seems like something that could easily have been missed in the make over

RE: Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF - kwliving - 06-15-2017

By the look of that map it looks like they are looking at Wingham. Smile

RE: Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF - Section ThirtyOne - 06-16-2017

(06-15-2017, 04:24 PM)kwliving Wrote: By the look of that map it looks like they are looking at Wingham. Smile

Maybe it's YCE!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralia/James_T._Field_Memorial_Aerodrome

RE: Region of Waterloo International Airport - YKF - nms - 06-16-2017

Or Goderich.