Waterloo Region Connected
General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Waterloo Region Life (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Food, Dining and Nightlife (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News (/showthread.php?tid=20)

RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - BuildingScout - 03-29-2015

(03-29-2015, 07:43 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Where can you go out to dinner in K-W after 9pm?   Seriously, I want to know.  Having to dine at 5pm because you're going to CITS or whatever is a drag, and embarrassing when you have company from out of town.

Wildcraft (midnight Tuesday-Saturday), Bauer Kitchen (11pm), Uptown 21 (10pm on Friday and Saturday), Jannet Lynn's Bistro (10pm), King Street Trio  Uptown (closes at 10:30pm Thursday-Saturday).

RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - panamaniac - 03-29-2015

Excellent info. I will be looking for an option for this Friday night after a CITS performance.

RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - taylortbb - 03-29-2015

(03-29-2015, 07:43 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Where can you go out to dinner in K-W after 9pm?   Seriously, I want to know.  Having to dine at 5pm because you're going to CITS or whatever is a drag, and embarrassing when you have company from out of town.

I'll also add to the list for downtown Kitchener: TWH Social, Imbibe, Sushi Star, Ye's sushi, Northern Thai (only til 10pm), Crabby Joe's, McCabe's, Bobby O'Brien's, Rainbow Caribbean (more of take out with tables, but the food is amazing).

On Friday and Saturday add Kinkaku Izakaya (10:30pm), Gilt (midnight), and Marisol (11pm).

That's all I can think of, but there may be more.

We are better off than I had imagined. Glad I asked!

RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - Drake - 03-29-2015

(03-28-2015, 11:00 PM)ookpik Wrote: Well since Five Guys now have at least a dozen locations in the Golden Horseshoe area there's hope for Waterloo region.

Last weekend I noted there were 3! Five Guys in London. 

We have Carl's Jr and no one else in Canada has one. We are elite.

Has Little Bean Coffee Bar at King W and Francis Sts closed?

RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - ookpik - 03-29-2015

I'll take a Five Guys over a Carl's Jr any day.

As for late open restaurants, the ones at the Huether are open to 1am. Also Abe Erb is open to 1am weeknights and 2am on weekends.

RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - BuildingScout - 03-29-2015

(03-29-2015, 05:58 PM)ookpik Wrote: I'll take a Five Guys over a Carl's Jr any day.

As for late open restaurants, the ones at the Huether are open to 1am. Also Abe Erb is open to 1am weeknights and 2am on weekends.

I was keeping the list high end since I don't quite see going to O'Briens after the CiTS. If all you want is a place that has open Kitchen pretty much every bar does that: Beertown,  Duke of Wellington, McMullans, Morty's, etc.

From the list provided, these are the ones to add that fit the bill: Sushi Star, Ye's sushi, Northern Thai (only til 10pm), and on Friday and Saturday Kinkaku Izakaya (10:30pm), Gilt (midnight), and Marisol (11pm).

TWH Social main kitchen closes at 9pm.

RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - jamincan - 03-29-2015

Captain Canuck near the St. Jacob's Market has some fantastic burgers. I haven't tried Five Guys yet, but Captain Canuck is probably the best place for a burger in KW in my opinion. The Works is good too, if you're looking for more interesting options.

RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - Osiris - 03-29-2015

(03-29-2015, 03:30 PM)Drake Wrote:
(03-28-2015, 11:00 PM)ookpik Wrote: Well since Five Guys now have at least a dozen locations in the Golden Horseshoe area there's hope for Waterloo region.

Last weekend I noted there were 3! Five Guys in London. 

We have Carl's Jr and no one else in Canada has one. We are elite.

Hate to burst the elitist bubble, but there are 14 Carl's Jr franchises across Canada - including one just down the road in Guelph...

RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - schooner77 - 03-29-2015

(03-29-2015, 07:31 PM)jamincan Wrote: Captain Canuck near the St. Jacob's Market has some fantastic burgers. I haven't tried Five Guys yet, but Captain Canuck is probably the best place for a burger in KW in my opinion. The Works is good too, if you're looking for more interesting options.

I think you mean the Crazy Canuck, across the street from the outlet mall. Awesome food all around, and yes the burgers are amazing.

RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - mpd618 - 03-29-2015

(03-29-2015, 03:58 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Has Little Bean Coffee Bar at King W and Francis Sts closed?

Yes, a number of months back.

RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - jamincan - 03-30-2015

(03-29-2015, 09:14 PM)schooner77 Wrote:
(03-29-2015, 07:31 PM)jamincan Wrote: Captain Canuck near the St. Jacob's Market has some fantastic burgers. I haven't tried Five Guys yet, but Captain Canuck is probably the best place for a burger in KW in my opinion. The Works is good too, if you're looking for more interesting options.

I think you mean the Crazy Canuck, across the street from the outlet mall.  Awesome food all around, and yes the burgers are amazing.

Doh! Yes, Crazy Canuck is the place.

RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - Drake - 03-30-2015

My bad. It was the first and only in Ontario last spring. I didn't know they had opened any more.

As for the conversation about best burger, I would certainly say Carl's has a good burger for fast food. Shoeless Joe's also has a great burger.

RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - Viewfromthe42 - 04-08-2015

As per earlier news about Imbibe closing...

...it's now looking to be moving.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/imbibe-relocation-fund

So, if we find 1,000 people with $75, we can all enter into a draw to be the claimant of that top prize, right? ;-)