Waterloo Region Connected
General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Waterloo Region Life (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Food, Dining and Nightlife (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News (/showthread.php?tid=20)

RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - panamaniac - 11-30-2017

(11-30-2017, 02:38 PM)jgsz Wrote: The Berlin gets new chef as Gushue leaves for Newfoundland.

This is surprising news.  I thought Gushue was planning to open a pizza place at Catalyst 137.  On the upside, I've always wanted to stay at the Fogo Island Inn.  But I think I'll have to set up an account with GoFundMe first. 

It will be interesting to see what changes he brings to the menu.  I confess that I never warmed to Gushue's offerings.

RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - JoeKW - 11-30-2017

Berlin seems to be inconsistent. Perhaps I never ate there while the chef was working but that should not matter at this level.

RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - tomh009 - 11-30-2017

(11-30-2017, 07:17 PM)panamaniac Wrote: It will be interesting to see what changes he brings to the menu.  I confess that I never warmed to Gushue's offerings.

OK, so I wasn't the only one.  Nice, but not really special from my point of view.

RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - TMKM94 - 12-01-2017

Wendy's on Westmount and Victoria and the Wendy's at Fisher-Hallman and Ottawa are both closed for Major renovations. The location on Westmount looks fairly close to being done, I don't know about the progress of the Fisher-Hallman/Ottawa location since I haven't been in that area for over a week.Also the Harvey's on Westmount near Highland had just finished a major interior renovation it looks like a brand new restaurant now.

RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - neonjoe - 12-01-2017

(12-01-2017, 08:24 AM)TMKM94 Wrote: Wendy's on Westmount and Victoria and the Wendy's at Fisher-Hallman and Ottawa are both closed for Major renovations. The location on Westmount looks fairly close to being done, I don't know about the progress of the Fisher-Hallman/Ottawa location since I haven't been in that area for over a week.Also the Harvey's on Westmount near Highland had just finished a major interior renovation it looks like a brand new restaurant now.

Also the locations  at King/Conestogo and King/Tu-Lane. It looks like they are doing them all in KW except for Weber/University.
The one by Conestoga Mall is almost complete.

RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - TMKM94 - 12-01-2017

Wow! That's odd I'm surprised there doing that many locations at the same time. I feel bad for the employee's because I doubt that they were all temporarily transferred to Weber/University.

RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - GtwoK - 12-01-2017

I'M surprised the Weber / University one wasn't the first to be redone, considering their booths are shaped like swastikas

RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - timio - 12-01-2017

I wouldn't be surprised if Weber/University was torn down and rebuilt to the standard building design. It's a massive space that's not all that efficiently used. And the swastika booth thing.

RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - ijmorlan - 12-01-2017

(12-01-2017, 11:13 AM)GtwoK Wrote: I'M surprised the Weber / University one wasn't the first to be redone, considering their booths are shaped like swastikas

Ummm, I would hope that they would not make a point of avoiding the arrangement of booths to which you refer. First of all, they only look like swastikas from above; but more importantly, they are not and do not suggest Nazi symbology. Even if you look at a plan of one of those booths, the proportions are all wrong. You’d probably be shot for mocking Nazism if you showed up at a Nazi rally with that shape on your sleeve…

There is such a thing as being too zealous in even the best cause, and it’s hard to imagine a better cause than the destruction of Nazism.

RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - timio - 12-16-2017

Noticed that Symposium is opening a second location in the spring at Erb/Erbsville in the same plaza as Canadian Tire.

RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - TMKM94 - 12-19-2017

(12-01-2017, 09:36 AM)neonjoe Wrote:
(12-01-2017, 08:24 AM)TMKM94 Wrote: Wendy's on Westmount and Victoria and the Wendy's at Fisher-Hallman and Ottawa are both closed for Major renovations. The location on Westmount looks fairly close to being done, I don't know about the progress of the Fisher-Hallman/Ottawa location.....

Also the locations  at King/Conestogo and King/Tu-Lane. It looks like they are doing them all in KW except for Weber/University.
The one by Conestoga Mall is almost complete.
I don't know about the other Wendy's Locations but the Wendy's on Westmount/Victoria has been re-opened for over a week. It looks like a completely different restaurant now.

RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - KevinL - 12-19-2017

King/Tulane was still closed on the weekend, but it looks like it's coming along well.

RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - timio - 12-19-2017

The Conestoga Mall location is open again too.

RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - rangersfan - 01-03-2018

Wasn't sure if here or made in Waterloo Region was a better spot but an article on KW Craft Cider.

https://www.kitchenerpost.ca/news-story/7960109-hard-cider-going-down-easy/

RE: General Food, Dining and Nightlife News - KevinL - 01-08-2018

Full profile of the new executive chef at The Berlin. He's only 23! http://www.explorewaterlooregion.com/2017/12/chef-profile-ben-lillico-berlin/