Waterloo Region Connected
General Retail News - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Waterloo Region Life (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Retail (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: General Retail News (/showthread.php?tid=21)

RE: General Retail News - panamaniac - 12-01-2015

Laura Sharpe Flowers next to Ratz Bechtel has already closed. Has anyone heard whether they might be relocating?

RE: General Retail News - KevinL - 12-03-2015

Farm Boy on Fairway opened today.

RE: General Retail News - panamaniac - 12-08-2015

Paper has gone up in the windows of the small storefront on the King St side of the Walper. It appears that it will be some sort of Christmas pop-up store.

RE: General Retail News - panamaniac - 12-13-2015

I don't know if it has been mentioned here or in the food thread, but the Public Kitchen & Bar folks are planning to open "Public Market" in the old convenience store on Frederick St at Filbert.  It will carry grocery items, but also "in house" food products.  There will be take away lunches and, I think, a few tables as well.  Not sure when they plan to open, but it should be an interesting local addition.

RE: General Retail News - kps - 12-13-2015

(12-13-2015, 07:28 PM)panamaniac Wrote: (This post was last modified: 29 minutes ago by panamaniac.)

Might want to modify it once more.

RE: General Retail News - panamaniac - 12-13-2015

(12-13-2015, 07:59 PM)kps Wrote:
(12-13-2015, 07:28 PM)panamaniac Wrote: (This post was last modified: 29 minutes ago by panamaniac.)

Might want to modify it once more.

OMG!  The classic typo!  Now fixed.  Thanks!

RE: General Retail News - goggolor - 12-14-2015

Delirium Clothing is now re-open in The Atrium in Uptown Waterloo.

RE: General Retail News - panamaniac - 12-26-2015

Black Arrow Cycles has closed on Ontario St N and will be moving to 50 Queen St S, one of the storefronts now under renovation.

RE: General Retail News - Lens - 12-26-2015

In (online) retail news, Berlin Supply Co. will be launching in the new year with some cool local products, like the Kitchener Crossword Shirt:

[Image: hx0JooXm.jpg]

Full disclosure, I'm one of the founders of the business!

RE: General Retail News - notmyfriends - 12-27-2015

Full disclosure; that makes me even more likely to shop there!

RE: General Retail News - MidTowner - 12-27-2015

(12-26-2015, 08:41 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Black Arrow Cycles has closed on Ontario St N and will be moving to 50 Queen St S, one of the storefronts now under renovation.

Do you know what kind of space the new one is? Black Arrow hasn't been opened that long- hopefully this means they're doing well and need to expand already.

RE: General Retail News - panamaniac - 12-27-2015

(12-27-2015, 09:24 AM)MidTowner Wrote:
(12-26-2015, 08:41 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Black Arrow Cycles has closed on Ontario St N and will be moving to 50 Queen St S, one of the storefronts now under renovation.

Do you know what kind of space the new one is? Black Arrow hasn't been opened that long- hopefully this means they're doing well and need to expand already.

I couldn't say for sure, but it seems to me from what I've seen of the spaces under renovation that the new shop would be somewhat larger.

RE: General Retail News - nms - 01-04-2016

(12-26-2015, 08:57 PM)Lens Wrote: In (online) retail news, Berlin Supply Co. will be launching in the new year with some cool local products, like the Kitchener Crossword Shirt:

Lens,

Looking forward to it. Keep us posted when the link goes live.

RE: General Retail News - Lens - 01-04-2016

(12-27-2015, 12:37 AM)notmyfriends Wrote: Full disclosure; that makes me even more likely to shop there!

(01-04-2016, 12:11 AM)Pheidippides Wrote: Given that Ion is supposed to allow for "the redeployment of 19 buses and 50,000 service hours annually" where would you allocate those resources?

Go.

(01-04-2016, 02:22 PM)nms Wrote:
(12-26-2015, 08:57 PM)Lens Wrote: In (online) retail news, Berlin Supply Co. will be launching in the new year with some cool local products, like the Kitchener Crossword Shirt:

Lens,

Looking forward to it. Keep us posted when the link goes live.

Thanks folks!

Here's a look at our ION Minimalist Print

[Image: DSxoT0Ql.jpg]

RE: General Retail News - panamaniac - 01-06-2016

Budds closed yesterday (Tuesday). The building has not yet been leased or sold.