Waterloo Region Connected
Trails - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Waterloo Region Works (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Transportation and Infrastructure (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Trails (/showthread.php?tid=378)

RE: Trails - jwilliamson - 11-26-2017

Do you think the trail users will knock the fence down, pull up the stakes so it doesn't cross the trail, or go around the end, killing all the grass?

RE: Trails - Canard - 11-26-2017

What is the intent here with this fence?

RE: Trails - ijmorlan - 11-26-2017

(11-26-2017, 05:58 PM)Canard Wrote: What is the intent here with this fence?

Usually that style of fence is actually a snow fence, intended to cause snowdrifts to appear in targeted areas rather than in more inconvenient areas. So the purpose isn’t actually to cut off access to anything, but obviously running it across a trail isn’t a good plan.

RE: Trails - KevinL - 11-26-2017

I didn't know they still made the wood-slats-in-wire style; most snow fences these days are perforated plastic sheeting.

RE: Trails - timio - 11-26-2017

It's likely to limit drifting on Westmount. Just unfortunate that it goes across the trail.

RE: Trails - Canard - 11-26-2017

Okay, in that case I absolutely would stop, put my kickstand down, and dismantle it.

RE: Trails - DHLawrence - 11-27-2017

(11-26-2017, 06:10 PM)KevinL Wrote: I didn't know they still made the wood-slats-in-wire style; most snow fences these days are perforated plastic sheeting.

I find I see them more on beaches to reduce erosion.

RE: Trails - timc - 11-27-2017

I expect a desire path to sprout up around the fence.

RE: Trails - Canard - 12-02-2017

Horray for painting between the lines:

RE: Trails - ijmorlan - 12-02-2017

(12-02-2017, 06:41 PM)Canard Wrote: Horray for painting between the lines:

Clearly somebody who takes absolutely no pride in their work. It would have to have looked that way immediately upon being placed, no? It’s not like something that looks fine and then as it cures or something it goes wrong or somebody comes along and damages it.

This is the thing. I said this to my coworkers while talking about this - we’re a small shop, and are fiercly proud of the work we do. None of us would ever let something go out the door if it wasn’t our absolute best.

I can’t imagine showing up for work and just doing shit like this and being like “yeah, good enough”. I mean, they didn’t even cope the ends of the tape at an angle. How hard is it when you’re cutting that stuff to trim it to match the side stripes?

RE: Trails - tomh009 - 12-02-2017

(12-02-2017, 06:41 PM)Canard Wrote: Horray for painting between the lines:

That's on par with the quality of the crosswalk painting on the LRT tracks.

Exactly, Tom - I was thinking that exact same thing! I wonder if it's the same people?

I really can't believe we're signing off on this stuff saying "Yep, that looks good - here's your cheque". It's garbage and makes our city look like crap.

RE: Trails - tomh009 - 12-02-2017

Did you ever get a response to your tweet about the LRT crosswalk painting?

(12-02-2017, 10:28 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Did you ever get a response to your tweet about the LRT crosswalk painting?

Nada, although I'm not surprised - I rarely get replies.  Sad  I'm probably too snippy sometimes.  I just nudged them again.  It really is unacceptable.