Waterloo Region Connected
General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Land Development and Real Estate (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Urban Areas (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours (/showthread.php?tid=7)

RE: General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours - Spokes - 12-10-2015

Is this new? I feel like I've seen those renders before

RE: General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours - plam - 12-10-2015

Dunno. But stacked townhouses have worked pretty well for me to live in. It also seems reasonably compact without being a (high-rise) apartment.

RE: General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours - Markster - 12-10-2015

I'm 90% sure we've discussed it here before, but I'm 100% too lazy to find the discussion.
The render is new.

RE: General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours - Andy - 12-10-2015

Discussion is here: http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/showthread.php?tid=358&highlight=union

RE: General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours - tomh009 - 12-11-2015

(12-10-2015, 11:05 AM)insider Wrote: What a horrible colour and side facade.

Let's hope it's just a poor render.

RE: General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours - jwilliamson - 12-17-2015

Looks like Beta has had their liquor licence suspended for permitting disorderly behaviour. I'm not sure if there was a specific event that triggered this, or just the semi-regular fights.

RE: General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours - curiouschair - 01-06-2016

Not sure how fresh this is but, the buildigs acrross from the Waterloo Town Square beside the parkade are all boarded up... not sure whats planned but they were looking quite run down IIRC

RE: General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours - KingandWeber - 01-11-2016

Overheard at Vincenzo's: there are plans brewing for a big condo project at King and John (southwest corner on recently sold Sunlife property). I don't have any other details except the plan is for it to be a similar height to 144/Bauer.

RE: General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours - insider - 01-12-2016

(01-06-2016, 10:27 PM)curiouschair Wrote: Not sure how fresh this is but, the buildigs acrross from the Waterloo Town Square beside the parkade are all boarded up... not sure whats planned but they were looking quite run down IIRC

They're just renovating because a restaurant/bar will take all of the ground floor of both buildings (the permit applications were displayed on the window before the boards went up)

RE: General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours - insider - 01-12-2016

(01-11-2016, 10:54 PM)KingandWeber Wrote: Overheard at Vincenzo's: there are plans brewing for a big condo project at King and John (southwest corner on recently sold Sunlife property). I don't have any other details except the plan is for it to be a similar height to 144/Bauer.

Haven't heard anything about this one but I'll look into it!

RE: General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours - clasher - 01-13-2016

(01-11-2016, 10:54 PM)KingandWeber Wrote: Overheard at Vincenzo's: there are plans brewing for a big condo project at King and John (southwest corner on recently sold Sunlife property). I don't have any other details except the plan is for it to be a similar height to 144/Bauer.

That's a pretty good spot to put another decently tall building, it will certainly look the part in that stretch.

RE: General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours - MidTowner - 01-13-2016

And the inevitable march of development joining Kitchener and Waterloo's cores continues. One day it will great to see something here, and a tower across the street on the other corner of John where the Dairy Queen currently sits.

RE: General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours - JCnb - 02-04-2016

[attachment=775]
(01-13-2016, 09:22 PM)MidTowner Wrote: And the inevitable march of development joining Kitchener and Waterloo's cores continues. One day it will great to see something here, and a tower across the street on the other corner of John where the Dairy Queen currently sits.

I just came across this in my LinkedIn feed this morning and immediate recognized it's surroundings. Corner of King and John opposite from Dairy Queen. Has anyone seen this proposal before? Is this on Sun life land?

RE: General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours - Viewfromthe42 - 02-04-2016

This is the kind of density I'd want to see right in UpTown, putting the world at your feet. Instead, it's dry cleaners Dodgy (yes, I'm aware of mixed use in Red and Cortez, not to mention Bauer, I'm just always disappointed for all the periphery buildings going away from UpTown, rather than putting you in it)

But yes, this is the assembled properties directly across from the Dairy Queen.

RE: General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours - MidTowner - 02-04-2016

That's new to me. Something there would be very exciting... There is a distinct lot about an acre and a quarter on that corner of King and John, and a separate home behind it on John. Whether Sunlife has purchased it at some point, I don't know.