Waterloo Region Connected
General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Land Development and Real Estate (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Urban Areas (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours (/showthread.php?tid=8)

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - KevinL - 10-16-2016

(10-16-2016, 08:06 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: Interesting that all the for sale/lease information lists it as within 800m of an LRT stop, but the three closest stations are all about 1.3km.
http://x.lnimg.com/attachments/CB3C4E7B-FB46-424D-B8F5-03512B146A44.pdf
https://s3.amazonaws.com/spacelist-paperclip/datas/000/196/753/original/235_Madison_Ave_S-pdf.pdf?1420388994

Kitchener Market station (Charles and Cedar) is indeed about 800m if you walk straight down Madison (and over Cedar Hill).

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 10-17-2016

Mill Station wouldn't be much further than that, I would have thought - if you were to walk down the tracks!

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - tomh009 - 10-18-2016

(09-22-2016, 09:24 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(07-12-2016, 03:20 PM)kitchener-dk Wrote: Is there information online about the Courtland townhouse development?

Here is a photo of the foundation. Smile

This is finally progressing ... seemingly nothing on the Internet about this yet though.  The building permit is issued to James Fryett Architects, but I can't even find it on their projects page.  But, kitchener-dk, if you are really interested, you might want to contact the architect named above ...

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 10-18-2016

I wonder if they'll slap all the hydro metres on that street-facing wall, as they did with the development around the corner? Yuck!

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - tomh009 - 10-18-2016

(10-18-2016, 03:07 PM)panamaniac Wrote: I wonder if they'll slap all the hydro metres on that street-facing wall, as they did with the development around the corner?  Yuck!

It's the most convenient place (and cheapest -- least amount of wiring).  But it can be OK if the cover or otherwise obscure them from view.  A row of cedars would do it just fine!

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Pheidippides - 10-18-2016

I saw a zoning change application sign on the fence of 87 Victoria St N, but could not find any details.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - MidTowner - 10-18-2016

Those few buildings between the J&B strip plaza and the Working Centre shop building are prime for redevelopment.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - kevinchoi519 - 10-18-2016

(10-18-2016, 05:59 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: I saw a zoning change application sign on the fence of 87 Victoria St N, but could not find any details.

i saw it too...called the number on the sign and asked for more info...its for a temp use by-law to allow homeless people to sleep in those yellow bunkies on the property. sounds like a pilot program so unfortunately nooo real news there

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - rangersfan - 10-19-2016

Tiny bit of news regarding the potential redevelopment on the Trinity United Church land in Downtown Kitchener. Basically it sounds like redevelopment is still being considered and in the meantime they may move to a nearby location to cut costs.

http://m.therecord.com/news-story/6918121-trinity-united-marks-175-years

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 10-19-2016

That would be two major Downtown churches sitting empty, (Trintiy and Zion, which has been empty for well over a year already - no word of what the new owner might be thinking of doing with it).

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Rainrider22 - 10-20-2016

I noticed driving by the Tannery today that there are three new stainless tanks for brewing beer on the end of the building by Victoria Street. There is a liquor licence application on the front door of the end unit. Anyone know what is going in there? Looks to be a new micro brewery.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - kevinchoi519 - 10-20-2016

(10-20-2016, 02:15 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: I noticed driving by the Tannery today that there are three new stainless tanks for brewing beer on the end of the building by Victoria Street. There is a liquor licence application on the front door of the end unit. Anyone know what is going in there?   Looks to be a new micro brewery.
abe erb is opening up another location there...i think it was mentioned a whille ago in the record

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Rainrider22 - 10-20-2016

(10-20-2016, 02:16 PM)kevinchoi519 Wrote:
(10-20-2016, 02:15 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote: I noticed driving by the Tannery today that there are three new stainless tanks for brewing beer on the end of the building by Victoria Street. There is a liquor licence application on the front door of the end unit. Anyone know what is going in there?   Looks to be a new micro brewery.
abe erb is opening up another location there...i think it was mentioned a whille ago in the record

Oh. That's great. Thanks

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - MidTowner - 10-21-2016

Good news on the Sacred Heart Convent front (Demolition threat fades for Kitchener's Sacred Heart convent).

The work mentioned in the article has been going on since about August. It's very good news that the Diocese is close to finalizing a deal to buy the old school- in the summer the Committee of Adjustment approved severing the school's lot so the Extend-A-Family building could be retained by the school board, and the school and parking lot behind to Braun could be joined to the convent.

I think the school and its lot are prime for redevelopment. We're one step closer.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Lens - 10-22-2016

Kieswtter demolition has fencing up around the St. Clair appliances building.