Waterloo Region Connected
General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Land Development and Real Estate (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Urban Areas (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours (/showthread.php?tid=8)

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Viewfromthe42 - 08-18-2017

I just have to laugh at anyone who believed that.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - kps - 08-18-2017

It may have been the intent, as the parking under 25 Breithaupt had been expected to be open by then, but got delayed due to Grandlinq blocking the King St emergency exit.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - MidTowner - 08-18-2017

I think that's probably generous.

It shouldn't have been written in the report if it was not going to be made a requirement of the permit. If it was to be made a requirement of the permit, it should be enforced.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - kevinchoi519 - 08-18-2017

those two properties are zoned r-5 which require full demo control. the abutting properties are also zoned r-5 with special regulations to allow commercial parking facility. technically speaking the parking lot there now is illegal as the zoning does not allow it and they did not go through site plan as the city wouldn't approve a site plan without zoning. im guess they put the sodding statement in to cover their own butts . Either way from rumours we have all been reading and hearing seems like all the lands will be part of a planning process and the site will be redeveloped as intended ...my guess is the parking is temp and the city doesnt care to enforce something thats temp.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Pheidippides - 08-22-2017

Progress at the old Schlicter's property:

It looks like they are just covering the old facade with silver and black sheet metal.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - GtwoK - 08-22-2017

(08-22-2017, 07:27 AM)Pheidippides Wrote: Progress at the old Schlicter's property:

It looks like they are just covering the old facade with silver and black sheet metal.

The inside is undergoing a complete renovation, I know they have tenants line up Smile

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Rainrider22 - 08-22-2017

I kind of hope they keep the old industrial like chimney beings they are going with an industrial look on the outside...

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 08-22-2017

I seem to recall that the chimney will be retained.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - tomh009 - 08-23-2017

It's too late to demolish it now anyway.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Pheidippides - 08-24-2017

It looks like whatever is going in at 533 Queen St S (SW corner of Queen at Mill) is going to have a large parking lot:

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 08-24-2017

Well, that's unfortunate.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - tomh009 - 08-26-2017

It looks like a commercial use of the building: a nice heritage building, with a large lot on Queen St, so commercial use is reasonable to me.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Pheidippides - 08-26-2017

There's going to be a special Kitchener City council meeting (in-camera) on 28-Aug-2017 "to consider one matter subject (152 Shanley Street) to solicitor-client privilege...Staff will provide an update and seek direction with respect to the property at 152 Shanley Street."

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 08-27-2017

(08-26-2017, 11:37 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: There's going to be a special Kitchener City council meeting (in-camera) on 28-Aug-2017 "to consider one matter subject (152 Shanley Street) to solicitor-client privilege...Staff will provide an update and seek direction with respect to the property at 152 Shanley Street."

A buyer, at long last?

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - rangersfan - 08-27-2017

Still no news on 225 King st W, regarding OHM Development's purchase of the empty lot, first brought to light from this Oct news article.

https://www.therecord.com/news-story/6903866-vacant-kitchener-lot-sells-after-sitting-empty-for-decades/

Really looking forward to seeing something go in there.