Waterloo Region Connected
General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Land Development and Real Estate (http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Downtowns (http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours (/showthread.php?tid=8)

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Smore - 11-16-2014

That sounds familiar!

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - clasher - 11-16-2014

(11-16-2014, 05:23 PM)panamaniac Wrote: The Public Utilities Building would be a great location, but I keep hearing that it's slated to become a restaurant. I wonder how many sq ft a brew pub would require?

I've had that same idea for years! I assumed I would have to use all the floors and adapt the basement and rear of the building somehow... the roof would be an amazing summer patio. I've given up drinking and I don't think the restaurant business is really for me anymore either... a few years working as a cook fixed that.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 11-22-2014

The little deco building on King St E that used to house the Little Pinto Shop is getting a bit of love. The cast stone pillars are being repaired and the odd little shed/entrance/display window on the east side has come down. It's interesting to see this modest building being returned to its original condition.

Also, Elison's Bistro at 14 Charles St W (which I'm told is excellent) is getting a new façade.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - TMKM94 - 11-23-2014

The Bargain Shop (Tbs!) is closing in Downtown Kitchener,

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - TMKM94 - 11-23-2014

Does anyone know why most of the retail space in the eatons lofts building is still vacant? I believe if It's been vacant for at least 6 years.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Spokes - 11-23-2014

(11-23-2014, 02:42 AM)TMKM94 Wrote: Does anyone know why most of the retail space in the eatons lofts building is still vacant? I believe if It's been vacant for at least 6 years.

I think it had to do with the legal issues of the building as a whole.  Anyone know where those are at?  Are there people even living upstairs?

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Spokes - 11-23-2014

(11-23-2014, 01:59 AM)TMKM94 Wrote: The Bargain Shop (Tbs!) is closing in Downtown Kitchener,

No loss there to be honest.  Something else will open, or even better, it will get developed.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 11-23-2014

I thought The Bargain Shop might renovate, so I'm a bit surprised. Might be a good location for a Giant Tiger.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 11-23-2014

The Eaton Loft is such a dud. If you look at the balconies, it is apparent that they have never been finished. From time to time you'll see a For Sale sign on units - they seem to sell, which surprises me.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - BuildingScout - 11-23-2014

How about a Metro store instead of Ziggy's? With the Kaufman lofts, One Victoria, City Centre and 100 Victoria I think there is enough foot traffic for a downtown grocery store.