Waterloo Region Connected
General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Land Development and Real Estate (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Urban Areas (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours (/showthread.php?tid=8)

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - DHLawrence - 09-10-2017

1027 they can't touch; far as I know it's designated.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Spokes - 09-10-2017

(09-09-2017, 04:14 PM)KevinL Wrote: Their LRT diagram at the very bottom is out of date - shows the old separate-platforms configuration...

The sales flyer is not new.  I think I first saw it maybe a year ago

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - KevinL - 09-11-2017

The Sanctuary refugee health centre has opened at the Kitchener Market (retail space bordering the square).

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - nms - 09-11-2017

(09-06-2017, 04:05 PM)KevinL Wrote: I'm definitely curious to see what might get built at the St. Mark's site. What do you build adjacent to a high school and bordering a hospital?

Fast food outlets on the ground floor, public health unit above to talk about sexual health, drug use prevention, mental health and other health issues, and a cardiac care unit above all of that.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - tomh009 - 09-11-2017

(09-11-2017, 03:56 PM)nms Wrote:
(09-06-2017, 04:05 PM)KevinL Wrote: I'm definitely curious to see what might get built at the St. Mark's site. What do you build adjacent to a high school and bordering a hospital?

Fast food outlets on the ground floor, public health unit above to talk about sexual health, drug use prevention, mental health and other health issues, and a cardiac care unit above all of that.

Shouldn't they put the cardiac care immediately next to the fast food outlets, to avoid having to take the elevator after lunch? Wink

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Coke6pk - 09-11-2017

Now remember, the congregation is looking to partner... not sell.... So one of the floors have to include worship space and there needs to be an area for community outreach. Although the ability to get Hotcakes & Sausage during a service makes me McHappy! Smile

Coke

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - DHLawrence - 09-11-2017

Give us this day our daily Big Mac? (They'll have to drop the George Weston account.)

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - MacBerry - 09-12-2017

(09-11-2017, 03:56 PM)nms Wrote:

Fast food outlets on the ground floor, public health unit above to talk about sexual health, drug use prevention, mental health and other health issues, and a cardiac lare unit above all of that.

How about an ORNGE helipad on the top floor?

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - jeffster - 09-13-2017

(09-12-2017, 07:26 PM)MacBerry Wrote:
(09-11-2017, 03:56 PM)nms Wrote: Fast food outlets on the ground floor, public health unit above to talk about sexual health, drug use prevention, mental health and other health issues, and a cardiac lare unit above all of that.

How about an ORNGE helipad on the top floor?

Now we're talking....

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - KevinL - 09-24-2017

(08-22-2017, 11:13 AM)panamaniac Wrote: I seem to recall that the chimney will be retained.

Yep! It's been painted white.

[Image: 1g2j.jpg]

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 09-24-2017

It's certainly not going to win any beauty awards, but still better than what it was.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - tomh009 - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 10:29 AM)panamaniac Wrote: It's certainly not going to win any beauty awards, but still better than what it was.

The interior is quite a bit better -- assuming you like post-industrial chic. Smile

And I think the exterior should be good enough for 10 or so years, until the owner is ready to redevelop it.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - tomh009 - 10-01-2017

A nice job repainting the original Lang signage at the Tannery:

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Square - 10-01-2017

Drove on Scott street on Thursday and saw that the houses across from the court house were boarded up with fresh wood. Guessing this means no demolition for awhile.

Also the for sale signs for the land at the corner of Scott and Weber have been taken away. Maybe its been sold?

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - taylortbb - 10-02-2017

Interesting article in The Record about the expected boom in downtown development of everyone trying to get in before the development fee waiver expires. City certainly seems to be saying there's far more in the pipeline than just what we know about publicly.

Quote:"We're going to be swamped (with applications), from what we're hearing," said Jennifer Young in Kitchener's building department.

The number of site plan applications for new developments in the downtown is already up, she said. "We're seeing volumes more than usual … We'll have a lot of construction, if they're all approved. We're looking at a significant amount."

https://www.therecord.com/news-story/7587433-kitchener-braces-for-construction-boom-ahead-of-new-fees/