Waterloo Region Connected
General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Land Development and Real Estate (http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Downtowns (http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours (/showthread.php?tid=8)

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Viewfromthe42 - 12-04-2017

The scale of that parking lot, I wouldn't think compares favourably with Valu-Mart, if that's a benchmark, or Central Fresh.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Lens - 12-07-2017

Construction fencing is up and soil testing is happening on the vacant lot at Ottawa and King.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - rangersfan - 12-07-2017

When I attempt to go to the Kitchener GIS active permits page I get the error "
You are not authorized to access this application." Is anyone else getting this? I was trying to see if anything was listed for King and Ottawa St.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Pheidippides - 12-07-2017

(12-07-2017, 04:53 PM)rangersfan Wrote: When I attempt to go to the Kitchener GIS active permits page I get the error "
You are not authorized to access this application." Is anyone else getting this? I was trying to see if anything was listed for King and Ottawa St.

Yes. I get that error too. Started around the time they changed over their website. I let them know at the time, but obviously they haven't fixed it yet. Time to poke them again I guess.

I can still use the non-GIS version though; you just need to know the exact address beforehand.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - MidTowner - 12-08-2017

You can search just by street and look through all the permits on either Ottawa or King Street (in this case). You don't need to enter an address number to search.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - rangersfan - 12-08-2017

I did that but couldn't find anything, I assume that corner is Ottawa St N. Unless it is a King St address.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - GtwoK - 12-08-2017

CBRE has put out some book of projects, which has some new render of 132 Queen, soI guess I can announce that we (Alert Labs) will be the main tenant of the building now!

[Image: JF61mdV.jpg]

We move in February 1st! There's a beautiful atrium that's being restored which will have living walls, and we've added a large patio on the one side as well as expanded many of the windows.

[Image: yDx99VP.jpg]

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - tomh009 - 12-08-2017

Awesome -- congratulations!

Will MAJiK stay in the building as well or will you be taking over their space?

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - GtwoK - 12-08-2017

MAJiK has just moved in, so they'll be staying. For now at least. As we expand, who can say what'll happen Smile

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Square - 12-08-2017

(12-08-2017, 08:04 AM)rangersfan Wrote: I did that but couldn't find anything, I assume that corner is Ottawa St N. Unless it is a King St address.

I think this work is just for the Ottawa street reconstruction for next year.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Spokes - 12-09-2017

Very exciting! I'm excited to see what it looks like inside once you've moved in

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Owen - 12-11-2017

(06-29-2017, 10:19 AM)Owen Wrote: https://www.therecord.com/news-story/7397459-manulife-pulls-the-wraps-off-renovated-space/

... "Adolphe did hint that Manulife is looking into further real estate investment in downtown Kitchener." ...

A little bird told me that the parking lot across the street (boxed in by Water and Francis, Joseph and Charles) is in the planning stage for a major development: 3 story podium plus two +20 story towers.  Additional Manulife offices in the podium with residential condos above.

Hey guys... your forgot to move this over to the Manulife thread!

ps - called it Wink

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - jgsz - 12-12-2017

Good article about downtown Kitchener in the Globe and Mail.

Quote:1. The Breithaupt Block, Google, 25 Breithaupt St.
2. Multi-modal hub (proposed), 510-520 King St. W.
3. VIA Rail/GO Transit (existing) 126 Weber St. W. 
4. 1 Victoria condo, 1 Victoria St. S.
5. Perimeter Development’s purpose-built office, 345 King St. W.
6-7. City Centre Condominiums and City Centre Phase II, 55-85 Duke St. W./31 Young St.
8. Charlies West condo, 24 Gaukel St. (construction expected 2018).
9, with 11-12. The Tannery and Communitech hub, 113-151 Charles St. W./3-44 Francis St. S./170-188 Joseph St. 10. Deloitte Canada, 195 Joseph St. 
13. 100 Victoria condo, 100-118 Victoria St. S. (under construction).

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - jeffster - 12-12-2017

(12-12-2017, 07:59 AM)jgsz Wrote: Good article about downtown Kitchener in the Globe and Mail.

Quote:1. The Breithaupt Block, Google, 25 Breithaupt St.
2. Multi-modal hub (proposed), 510-520 King St. W.
3. VIA Rail/GO Transit (existing) 126 Weber St. W. 
4. 1 Victoria condo, 1 Victoria St. S.
5. Perimeter Development’s purpose-built office, 345 King St. W.
6-7. City Centre Condominiums and City Centre Phase II, 55-85 Duke St. W./31 Young St.
8. Charlies West condo, 24 Gaukel St. (construction expected 2018).
9, with 11-12. The Tannery and Communitech hub, 113-151 Charles St. W./3-44 Francis St. S./170-188 Joseph St. 10. Deloitte Canada, 195 Joseph St. 
13. 100 Victoria condo, 100-118 Victoria St. S. (under construction).

It's really nice to see all this work being done. 20 years ago it looked to be headed for a complete death. Hopefully the momentum will continue for some time. Simply amazing to see the transformation.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - tomh009 - 12-12-2017

And that's not even including things a little further, err, east (Arrow 2, Barra, Drewlo), or anything west or the railway tracks, including SIXO.

There should be no question about the momentum now.