Waterloo Region Connected
General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Land Development and Real Estate (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Urban Areas (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours (/showthread.php?tid=8)

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - rangersfan - 09-03-2018

It looked like one of the properties across from the Arrow Lofts was having some construction activity but I don't see any building permits.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - tomh009 - 09-03-2018

(09-03-2018, 04:31 PM)rangersfan Wrote: It looked like one of the properties across from the Arrow Lofts was having some construction activity but I don't see any building permits.

They are using the property across the street for a construction office and parking area for Arrow 2.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - rangersfan - 09-04-2018

Thanks tomh!

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Lens - 09-11-2018

Vive development must have bought a bunch of signs recently. There's now one on the old Joe's TV Colorama building at King and Onward.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - tomh009 - 09-11-2018

(09-11-2018, 05:23 PM)Lens Wrote: Vive development must have bought a bunch of signs recently. There's now one on the old Joe's TV Colorama building at King and Onward.

That's 1020 King St E. Building permits have been issued for interior renovations and the reconstruction of the rear wall.

Vive certainly has a lot of projects on the go!

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Spokes - 09-11-2018

It's like they got a massive influx of funds and want to spend it while they have a chance haha

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Spokes - 09-13-2018

The Corner Pub at Charles and Ottawa has been torn down. It's neighbour has its windows ripped out and demo fencing around it.  Is this development related, ir Ottawa Street widening?

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Viewfromthe42 - 09-13-2018

Ottawa widening at this point

Darn

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 09-13-2018

I image that the work will open up a site for potential development once Ottawa has been widened.  Is the old bank building at the corner of King supposed to come down as well?

It's got the upper level windows out already, so I'm guessing so.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Markster - 09-13-2018

So, over/under on when something gets built on that spot again?

10 years?

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - tomh009 - 09-13-2018

(09-13-2018, 09:05 PM)Markster Wrote: So, over/under on when something gets built on that spot again?

10 years?

Before the LRT, I'd say 20. Now I'd tend towards five.

(09-13-2018, 06:27 PM)BrianT Wrote:
(09-13-2018, 05:22 PM)panamaniac Wrote: I image that the work will open up a site for potential development once Ottawa has been widened.  Is the old bank building at the corner of King supposed to come down as well?

Yes. The Region bought all three properties in this block for widening Ottawa Street.

When the Region buys properties like that, do they eventually relist them for development?

Weber and Victoria would fall into a similar category.

(09-13-2018, 09:05 PM)Markster Wrote: So, over/under on when something gets built on that spot again?

10 years?

Over