Waterloo Region Connected
General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Land Development and Real Estate (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Urban Areas (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours (/showthread.php?tid=8)

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Spokes - 01-28-2019

Which is less than ideal, but also not the end of the world (contradictory statement?)

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - kidgibnick - 01-28-2019

That proposal sounds good. Maybe retail storefront could run up Charles up-to the elevated parking lot, taking over that lower-level secondary lot behind St. Matthews. It might take a bit of engineering work to change the elevated parking lot gradient, in order to extend storefront all the way to the corner of Benton. Church-goers could use the underground or podium parking (designated spots?) instead.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - GtwoK - 01-28-2019

Didn't the city do a render a yera or two ago of this property, redeveloped? Mightve been part of PARTS

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - tomh009 - 01-28-2019

(01-28-2019, 10:25 AM)kidgibnick Wrote: That proposal sounds good. Maybe retail storefront could run up Charles up-to the elevated parking lot, taking over that lower-level secondary lot behind St. Matthews. It might take a bit of engineering work to change the elevated parking lot gradient, in order to extend storefront all the way to the corner of Benton. Church-goers could use the underground or podium parking (designated spots?) instead.

I'm a little bit confused here, which parking lots are these? The higher-elevated parking lot at Charles/Benton is part of the church property. The lower-elevated parking lot at Charles/Queen (not behind St Matthew's) is a city property.

Are you proposing that the church subdivide their property and sell the parking lot to a developer who has assembled all the other properties? I think that makes the project more challenging yet.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - KevinL - 01-28-2019

My proposal did not include the upper (church's) lot; I'm not sure what kidgibnick thinks of it.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - kidgibnick - 01-29-2019

Ah, I overlooked that point about the lower-lot being city property...wishful thinking haha! Then yes, it would seem plausible contractually for the owners and from an engineering perspective to keep the upper-lot as-is with the Church, and only build up the city-owned lower-lot.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Rainrider22 - 01-29-2019

Could someone please remind me... Was there not a recent proposal for a development at the corner of Charles and Queen beside the Benton/Charles parking garage ? I thought we even saw renderings ? Maybe I am mistaken...

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Viewfromthe42 - 01-29-2019

There was, and it was quite tall (though a fitting plot for that. The kind of location where I'd almost want to see them propose lower parking requirements by having a direct link to the Benton garage's top floor, so residents could pay for parking when they needed it, and add/subtract it as they go. Would do the same with the Regina/Willis development and adjacent parking garage in UpTown.

(01-29-2019, 12:37 PM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote: There was, and it was quite tall (though a fitting plot for that. The kind of location where I'd almost want to see them propose lower parking requirements by having a direct link to the Benton garage's top floor, so residents could pay for parking when they needed it, and add/subtract it as they go. Would do the same with the Regina/Willis development and adjacent parking garage in UpTown.

Did we have renderings on this site somewhere ?  I cant find it...

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Spokes - 01-29-2019

I don't remember where they got posted. This thread likely.

I think just more concepts than an actual proposal. What COULD work there.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - rangersfan - 01-29-2019

I think this is the project you are thinking of:

[Image: architecture-residential?lightbox=dataItem-jb57gx7u]

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Spokes - 01-29-2019

But is that actually a proposal?

(01-29-2019, 10:28 PM)rangersfan Wrote: I think this is the project you are thinking of:

[Image: architecture-residential?lightbox=dataItem-jb57gx7u]
why cant i view it ?

I can't seem to view that link over mobile either. 

Try this :
https://www.google.com/search?q=thinkform+architects+big+stuff&tbm=isch&source=univ&hl=en-US&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwibn4aWh5XgAhVh7YMKHbXMDX0QsAQIFw#mhpiv=1&spf=1548835908627

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 01-29-2019

(01-29-2019, 10:40 PM)Spokes Wrote: But is that actually a proposal?
No, at least not yet.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - rangersfan - 01-30-2019

(01-29-2019, 11:13 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 10:40 PM)Spokes Wrote: But is that actually a proposal?
No, at least not yet.
According to their website it is labeled as a proposal. 
http://www.thinkform.ca/185-kehl