Waterloo Region Connected
General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Land Development and Real Estate (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Urban Areas (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours (/showthread.php?tid=8)

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - kitborn - 03-14-2020

Vogelsang Green and Cenetaph

March 2019

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 03-15-2020

I'm really looking forward to seeing the Queen St refurbishment completed - DTK needs a bit of "nice".

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Bytor - 03-15-2020

(03-15-2020, 11:44 AM)panamaniac Wrote: I'm really looking forward to seeing the Queen St refurbishment completed - DTK needs a bit of "nice".

I'd like to see the old fashioned globe lights repaired and extended to both side of teh entire length of Queen St. Use modern LED technology to make them a yellowy-orange gas light colour and slightly flickery.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - tomh009 - 03-15-2020

(03-15-2020, 11:50 AM)Bytor Wrote:
(03-15-2020, 11:44 AM)panamaniac Wrote: I'm really looking forward to seeing the Queen St refurbishment completed - DTK needs a bit of "nice".

I'd like to see the old fashioned globe lights repaired and extended to both side of teh entire length of Queen St. Use modern LED technology to make them a yellowy-orange gas light colour and slightly flickery.

They currently extend to the end of Queen St N, at Lancaster. Do you mean extending them to the end of Queen's Blvd, at Westheigts Dr?

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - jeffster - 03-15-2020

(03-15-2020, 01:05 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(03-15-2020, 11:50 AM)Bytor Wrote: I'd like to see the old fashioned globe lights repaired and extended to both side of teh entire length of Queen St. Use modern LED technology to make them a yellowy-orange gas light colour and slightly flickery.

They currently extend to the end of Queen St N, at Lancaster. Do you mean extending them to the end of Queen's Blvd, at Westheigts Dr?

So I know they go up all the way Charles from Lancaster on both sides, though different styles (but same idea). From Charles to Highland, the fancy lights are on the north side only, of the street. From Highland to St. Marys, they have fancy lights on the middle boulevard. After that, on either side of the hospital, it's standard lights.

I think they should have the same fancy lights (the globe lights), on both sides, except between Highland and the hospital, and sure, perhaps extent it at least to Westmount, but perhaps to Westheights as well.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Momo26 - 03-17-2020

Most restos still open in DTK does anyone know?

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - KevinL - 03-17-2020

With the new State of Emergency order from the province, you cannot dine-in. Many are sill providing takeout and delivery, but it depends on the resto.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Spokes - 03-18-2020

I worry that some will do the takeout thing for a bit and then shut it down when it's not financially viable.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 03-18-2020

(03-18-2020, 11:38 AM)Spokes Wrote: I worry that some will do the takeout thing for a bit and then shut it down when it's not financially viable.

Don't worry, it's very likely....

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Momo26 - 03-19-2020

Walking around DTK, not many places even open for take out any more :/. How will the government fund be distributed? How will they figure out how much each business deserves?

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Rainrider22 - 03-22-2020

I signed up for The Bright building Hopefully they will enlighten me soon.......

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Acitta - 03-22-2020

Could "The Bright" be at 624 King St. West? I passed by there today. From the City's website:

"A 2020-025 - 624 King Street West

Permission to construct a multi-residential development: “Building A” will have 4 stories in height containing 19 units and “Building B” will have 3 stories in height containing 15 units having a rear yard setback for “Building B” of 2m rather than the required 7.5m; a parking rate of 0.67 spaces/per-unit (23 off-street parking spaces) rather than the required 1 spaces/per-unit (34 off-street parking spaces); and, a visitor parking rate of 8% (2 off-street parking spaces) rather than the required 20% (5 off-street parking spaces)."    

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - KevinL - 03-22-2020

Makes sense.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - tomh009 - 03-22-2020

And the description says it is on the LRT route, so I think that means either on King St W, or maybe one block away. 624 King St W would fit. And "hygge" would really imply a relatively small project.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 03-22-2020

I kind of like the idea of 3 - 4 storeys at that site. Looking forward to seeing the mystery solved.