Waterloo Region Connected
General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Land Development and Real Estate (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Urban Areas (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours (/showthread.php?tid=8)

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Rainrider22 - 07-04-2020

(07-04-2020, 11:44 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Somebody spent a fair bit of cash cleaning up the exterior and adding that new veranda.
Wow  a lot of work but well worth it !!

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - DK519 - 07-06-2020

(07-04-2020, 10:31 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote:
(07-04-2020, 11:44 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Somebody spent a fair bit of cash cleaning up the exterior and adding that new veranda.
Wow  a lot of work but well worth it !!
The owner has a construction/renovation business and I suspect he did most of the work himself. 

It's a beautiful house surrounded by a lot of really crappy neighbors unfortunately.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - tomh009 - 07-06-2020

(07-06-2020, 02:20 PM)DK519 Wrote: The owner has a construction/renovation business and I suspect he did most of the work himself. 

It's a beautiful house surrounded by a lot of really crappy neighbors unfortunately.

King St E, sure. But the other houses on Pandora don't look particularly crappy.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 07-06-2020

The houses in the Pandora/Fairview area between King and Weber are comparable to those in Mt Hope and have begun to attract similar homeowners, especially toward Weber. There are a few clunkers, iirc.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - DK519 - 07-06-2020

(07-06-2020, 04:13 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 02:20 PM)DK519 Wrote: The owner has a construction/renovation business and I suspect he did most of the work himself. 

King St E, sure. But the other houses on Pandora don't look particularly crappy.
Can confirm the police visit the house next to him every other day with ambulances and fire trucks also there fairly regularly.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 07-06-2020

(07-06-2020, 06:49 PM)DK519 Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 04:13 PM)tomh009 Wrote: King St E, sure. But the other houses on Pandora don't look particularly crappy.
Can confirm the police visit the house next to him every other day with ambulances and fire trucks also there fairly regularly.
Rooming house?

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - BruceAshe - 07-06-2020

(07-06-2020, 07:11 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 06:49 PM)DK519 Wrote: Can confirm the police visit the house next to him every other day with ambulances and fire trucks also there fairly regularly.
Rooming house?

I think it's housing for people with addictions. I know there have been problems with needles in front of the house and other houses on Pandora in the past.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - ijmorlan - 07-06-2020

(07-06-2020, 07:44 PM)BruceAshe Wrote: I think it's housing for people with addictions. I know there have been problems with needles in front of the house and other houses on Pandora in the past.

Sounds like those particular people, at least, do not need a needle exchange program.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - tomh009 - 07-06-2020

(07-06-2020, 06:49 PM)DK519 Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 04:13 PM)tomh009 Wrote: King St E, sure. But the other houses on Pandora don't look particularly crappy.

Ah, you mean the residents, not the houses.

His house looks like an X-plex, with half a dozen cars parked outside, so presumably he has tenants as well.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - taylortbb - 07-21-2020

Looks like the renovations of the old labour hall now include some proper restoration work on the stone. Several years ago the owner did some really cheap improvements, where the stone was painted over in a light blue that hid the degradation but would further damage the stone with time. Happy to see this building getting the attention it deserves, with all the work that's been done over the past year.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - ac3r - 07-21-2020

Nice to see! I hope they always keep those windows (even if they have to replace them with a modern update). They're really nice.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - taylortbb - 07-21-2020

(07-21-2020, 02:41 PM)ac3r Wrote: Nice to see! I hope they always keep those windows (even if they have to replace them with a modern update). They're really nice.

The windows were actually just replaced last year, those are the modern windows. If you streetview from 2017 you can see the old ones.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 07-21-2020

Looking forward to seeing this Reno completed and hoping that it’s enough to entice some interesting new retail.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - tomh009 - 07-21-2020

Some photos from the inside, courtesy of the real estate listing. This is only the office space, the retail is not listed on the web site at all. Has it already been leased?

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - jeffster - 07-21-2020

Looks like double brick to me - I’d imagine they would have insulated the air in between bricks. Either way, looks great for an office.