Waterloo Region Connected
General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Land Development and Real Estate (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Urban Areas (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours (/showthread.php?tid=8)

Re: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 09-26-2014

I just drove past the former Boa Nova Restaurant at Charles and Ontario St and noticed that workers are on the site working on the interior (I was surprised because it was after 7pm).

As I am going to be away until Thursday, I have a favour to ask, if anyone is down that way and is able to ask any workers what is happening with the building. I would be very interested if anyone can find out what is going to happen to the barrel shaped wooden sign that faces Charles St. I seem to recall that the then restaurant owner had it specially made from wood salvaged from Seagrams (?). If that is so, I think it should be saved and perhaps donated to the Regional History Museum rather than thrown away. I'd be grateful if anybody can find out more and, perhaps, let someone know that I might be interested in acquiring it if it is not spoken for.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - 519 - 10-07-2014

There has been an excavator and an earth mover at the Arrow Lofts over the last couple of days working on the vacant lot next to the condo which is the future site of Phase 2 of the development. 

I'm guessing that they're just there to clean up the lot a little bit and back fill the hole that they dug up to create the parking structure extension.  Phase 2 is probably a few years away.  I think there's still a number of unsold units they need to sell.  

Does anyone know how many units are left?

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - rangersfan - 10-07-2014

I am not sure what happened to the thread for 53 David st ( unless we didn't have one) but it looks like this project is changing. There is a large sign on the property for " Residence On Park". The website http://www.residenceonpark.com/ has a survey that looks to be trying to capture information about potential unit buyers.

Makes me wonder what happened. With the latest development on this project combined with the situation at the Lancaster Brownstones I hope Revel Development is not in any sort of difficulty, as they have been doing a lot of good things in the region.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 10-07-2014

The work at the Arrow Lofts is a clean up of the future development site.  I'm hoping that Auburn will do at least some basic landscaping, as it seems any construction is some years off.  I haven't seen anyone at the sales office recently, but I believe that there are under 30 units remaining unsold.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Markster - 10-07-2014

It's been interesting seeing the various flora and fauna that have been taking to that temporary pond at Arrow...
But I won't be sad to see them clean up the lot a little.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 10-07-2014

Part of that is water accumulation in the depression, but I suspect that they may also have hit the water table or a small spring during the construction of the parking garage.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Spokes - 10-07-2014

(10-07-2014, 02:36 PM)519 Wrote: There has been an excavator and an earth mover at the Arrow Lofts over the last couple of days working on the vacant lot next to the condo which is the future site of Phase 2 of the development. 

I'm guessing that they're just there to clean up the lot a little bit and back fill the hole that they dug up to create the parking structure extension.  Phase 2 is probably a few years away.  I think there's still a number of unsold units they need to sell.  

Does anyone know how many units are left?

Or more.

I wonder what Auburn Dev's order is for getting projects done?  My guess:

Barrelyards
Alexandria
Arrow 2

It's unbelievable they cant work multiple projects at once.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - mpd618 - 10-07-2014

(10-07-2014, 02:43 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Makes me wonder what happened. With the latest development on this project combined with the situation at the Lancaster Brownstones I hope Revel Development is not in any sort of difficulty, as they have been doing a lot of good things in the region.

They've been great on talk, but my impression is they haven't been very good on working with the city or actually delivering.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Spokes - 10-08-2014

(10-07-2014, 02:43 PM)rangersfan Wrote: I am not sure what happened to the thread for 53 David st ( unless we didn't have one) but it looks like this project is changing. There is a large sign on the property for " Residence On Park". The website http://www.residenceonpark.com/ has a survey that looks to be trying to capture information about potential unit buyers.

Makes me wonder what happened. With the latest development on this project combined with the situation at the Lancaster Brownstones I hope Revel Development is not in any sort of difficulty, as they have been doing a lot of good things in the region.

What's going on with the Lancaster Brownstones?

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - rangersfan - 10-08-2014

In the thread for that project the last post says that the property is up for sale.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 10-08-2014

The Beer Store is starting to look closer to completion. I'm guessing about four weeks or so?

The Beer Store orange strip that they are installing between the light and dark grey brick looks pretty zippy.

[Image: 33xah39.jpg]

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Spokes - 10-08-2014

Looking good!
I like the orange too. Im just surprised it's not on both sides. I'm also assuming the awnings will continue on the Francis St side?

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 10-09-2014

They were just installing the orange stripe yesterday when I took the photo - shortly after they moved on to install it across the diagonal section above the entrance, so I'm guessing it has gone up on the King St side as well.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Markster - 10-09-2014

It's amusing that they've built this in the classic urban downtown style, with all those windows... only to have the tenant board them all up! At least it's future-proofed, should the Beer Store ever move out, and the new tenants desire to see the sun.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Spokes - 10-09-2014

(10-09-2014, 07:57 AM)panamaniac Wrote: They were just installing the orange stripe yesterday when I took the photo - shortly after they moved on to install it across the diagonal section above the entrance, so I'm guessing it has gone up on the King St side as well.

Thanks for the update!