Waterloo Region Connected
General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Land Development and Real Estate (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Urban Areas (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours (/showthread.php?tid=8)

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - MidTowner - 01-18-2016

That one has been mentioned here before. It's actually up for sale right now.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - tomh009 - 01-22-2016

54 Queen South is looking quite good now.  Similar to the Working Centre, but not identical.  A big improvement to the facade on this block, I think.  Black Arrow Bicycles is due to move into the building in February.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - KevinL - 01-26-2016

Another look at 54 Queen. I like the new sign for Queen Street Yoga.

[Image: T2DA9JJ.jpg]

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Spokes - 01-27-2016

I wonder if the city of Kitchener will expand it's King St Facade incentives to the rest of the downtown at some point?

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - mpd618 - 02-04-2016

Both of the ground floor spaces in the Kitchener Market on the King/Eby side seem to have active interior work happening.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Viewfromthe42 - 02-05-2016

And in other news...

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Lens - 02-05-2016

Shot in the dark that it's a redev. of the Tannery site including the old hide house building with a major anchor tenant. Maybe Tesla is investing in the area?

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - MidTowner - 02-05-2016

That’s probably not the worst guess. There were a few stories about Stratford wanting to become a cold-weather real-world test site for autonomous cars that national and international media saw fit to publish. And Tesla has worked in the past with Toyota. Establishing a presence in Waterloo Region wouldn’t be illogical for them.

Rumours said it was a “professional services” (or something) firm that would be opening in that space, though, if I recall correctly.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - notmyfriends - 02-06-2016

McAfee moving downtown might make sense, maybe bringing some Intel work back to town with it, if we're taking shots in the dark.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - ookpik - 02-06-2016

(02-05-2016, 02:44 PM)Lens Wrote: Shot in the dark that it's a redev. of the Tannery site including the old hide house building with a major anchor tenant. Maybe Tesla is investing in the area?

Close: GM launches innovation lab at Communitech 
Quote:Initially, the lab in the Tannery building will focus on advanced smartphone applications for connected vehicles, autonomous driving technology and new approaches to sharing electric and autonomous vehicles...

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - jgsz - 02-06-2016

Could it be the Charles/Gaukel development that 'insider' was hinting at in September?

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - rangersfan - 02-06-2016

Jgsz, that is what I was thinking but I remembered that the Tannery building was supposed to have a global tenant announced soon. Whatever the case is I am looking forward to meeting more about it.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 02-08-2016

Deloitte will occupy the tannery building that is being restored.

In other news, Stantec has now moved out of its Market Square office. The optimist in me wants to see this as an opportunity for some upgrades at Market Square.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - MidTowner - 02-08-2016

How many Deloitte jobs are planned in the Tannery?

I'm going to enjoy seeing their logo in downtown Kitchener. They're bigger than KPMG.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - tomh009 - 02-08-2016

(02-08-2016, 11:49 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Deloitte will occupy the tannery building that is being restored.

That's definitely good news for the downtown, even though for Kitchener overall it's fairly neutral (Deloitte currently has a fairly large facility near Sportsworld).