Waterloo Region Connected
General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Land Development and Real Estate (http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Downtowns (http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours (/showthread.php?tid=8)

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - tomh009 - 07-16-2016

(07-15-2016, 12:20 PM)panamaniac Wrote: I wonder if membership includes any reciprocity privileges with other clubs?  Any members here at WRC?

I think we should propose reciprocity with WRC! Big Grin

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Spokes - 07-17-2016

Is this something that's popular? I didn't even know it existed, let alone was something people would pay for.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Pheidippides - 07-19-2016

[attachment=1740]

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 07-19-2016

I wonder if the work will extend down to the second floor once the third is completed? It's a much bigger project than I had realized.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Pheidippides - 07-22-2016

Some progress on 28 King St E:
[attachment=1782]

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - KevinL - 07-22-2016

For the record, that's the fibreglass insulation board which has been painted over to look better, until the siding can go on.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 07-22-2016

I'm assuming that it will be acrylic stucco?  The façade is in a brown brick, similar to that of Market Square.  They have reproduced the arched front windows, but, strangely, have put in rectangular windows like those in the neighbouring sections of the building rather than reproducing the complete windows.  The windows on the side went in today - I was surprised to see windows here as I assumed that there would someday be an abutting structure.  I wonder if the owner has incorporated the space formerly occupied by the building that burned down and was demolished?  It would make a good spot for a Terrasse if there's to be a restaurant or bar on the main floor.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - rangersfan - 07-22-2016

Has anyone heard anything further on that potential 17 story condo/apartment on College St behind the Shoppers Drug Mart?

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 07-22-2016

Years away, I suspect.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - GtwoK - 07-29-2016

The communications tower on top of 305 King came down today! A large crane removed it.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 07-29-2016

(07-29-2016, 02:26 PM)GtwoK Wrote: The communications tower on top of 305 King came down today! A large crane removed it.

And the building looks much better for it!  Plus now there's nothing to stop Manulife from building a tower on the podium at Water and Charles!  Wink

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Lens - 07-29-2016

Manulife renovations from Hall's Lane

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - panamaniac - 07-29-2016

I noticed that work being done today when I passed by the empty lot on King St and wondered what they might be up to in that part of the building. This renovation is really quite ambitious.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Lens - 08-01-2016

Goodbye TD, hello NetSuite and Igloo

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - tomh009 - 08-02-2016

Lens, there is something strange going on with your latest uploads. They don't display completely in my browser (Firefox), and even then do so slowly. It looks like they are uploaded at 9 MP resolution -- did you do this the same way before?