Waterloo Region Connected
General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - Printable Version

+- Waterloo Region Connected (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com)
+-- Forum: Land Development and Real Estate (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Urban Areas (https://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours (/showthread.php?tid=8)

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - darts - 08-10-2016

(08-03-2016, 08:49 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(08-03-2016, 06:20 PM)Lens Wrote: According to their Instagram the Walper is open and at capacity for the Bluesfest weekend.

Well ... they told me their renovations were not complete, and that's why they had to cancel my reservations.

Someone is not telling the real story.

Why did you want to stay there? I went to a friends room when they stayed there and it was extremely underwhelming.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - danbrotherston - 08-10-2016

Saw this at the Tannery, is this equipment for Abe Erb?  Exciting times.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - tomh009 - 08-10-2016

(08-10-2016, 08:09 PM)darts Wrote:
(08-03-2016, 08:49 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Well ... they told me their renovations were not complete, and that's why they had to cancel my reservations.

Someone is not telling the real story.

Why did you want to stay there? I went to a friends room when they stayed there and it was extremely underwhelming.

Post-renovation, it should be better than underwhelming, although the final situation remains to be seen.  (This was for corporate visitors to our downtown office.)

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - rangersfan - 09-01-2016

I thought we had a forum for the MCC building on Kent but couldn't find it.

The public will be able to tour and see the recently installed solar power system at the site.

http://www.therecord.com/news-story/6834476-public-invited-to-tour-new-solar-array-at-mcc-ontario-building/

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - 519 - 09-02-2016

(07-12-2016, 03:20 PM)kitchener-dk Wrote: Is there information online about the Courtland townhouse development?

They've started to form the foundation for the townhouses.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - kitborn - 09-04-2016

Interesting article of the Pinto Building at 243 King Street E.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - tomh009 - 09-07-2016

Renovations have started at the former Schlichter's property.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - MacBerry - 09-08-2016

(09-07-2016, 10:27 AM)tomh009 Wrote: Renovations have started at the former Schlichter's property.

That is such a waste of important Downtown Kitchener geography.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - mpd618 - 09-08-2016

(09-08-2016, 09:46 PM)MacBerry Wrote: That is such a waste of important Downtown Kitchener geography.

This is a building that on its other side has two ethnic food stores and a couple of other businesses, and is generally pretty busy (being across the street from the current bus terminal). Meanwhile there are still plenty of pure surface parking lots downtown. I don't disagree that the location should at some point get more density, but I don't think tearing this particular building down is a great priority right now.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - clasher - 09-08-2016

I shop at both those stores, they both do a brisk business but especially the Farah's food and deli they've got going on there now, it's grown a lot over the last few years.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - tomh009 - 09-09-2016

(09-08-2016, 09:46 PM)MacBerry Wrote:
(09-07-2016, 10:27 AM)tomh009 Wrote: Renovations have started at the former Schlichter's property.

That is such a waste of important Downtown Kitchener geography.

The new owner does intend to redevelop it -- when the time is right.  At the moment they are planning to do a reno only.  We'll see what the result of that is.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - tomh009 - 09-09-2016

The renovations at 30 King St E are finally nearing completion.  Brick at the front, concrete/EIFS on the side.  Overall, I think it's pretty well done and fits in.  And it makes sense not to overspend on the side that will some day be blocked by a new development.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - mpd618 - 09-09-2016

Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but Nougat will be relocating from Queen Street to Courtland/Stirling. The property has been sold and will be redeveloped.

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - rangersfan - 09-10-2016

Does that include the auto shop beside the Nougat that has been up for sale for a while?

RE: General Urban Kitchener Updates and Rumours - mpd618 - 09-10-2016

(09-10-2016, 12:09 AM)rangersfan Wrote: Does that include the auto shop beside the Nougat that has been up for sale for a while?

(Dunno.)