Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
General Township Updates and Rumours
Saw a pile of PVC and concrete sanitary/stormwater tubes in the middle of the site being developed east of Breslau along 7.

Has anyone been to Heidelberg recently? Is the former gas station property still under soil remediation?
Anyone know what's being built across from the St. Jacobs market?
I was planning on asking the same question.

At the very least, the sign advertising the Holiday Inn opening in 2013 is finally down.
Latest version of new Birdland subdivision in Elmira gets OK

https://observerxtra.com/2018/11/01/late...a-gets-ok/
The Holiday Inn at St Jacobs Market is expanding with a new wing.

[Image: DjI57XS.jpg]

The old heritage farmhouse, on the corner by Weber, is becoming part of the complex.

[Image: FtQSjur.jpg]

[Image: BLAGeTv.jpg]
Using the house in the project is certainly interesting. I wonder what the building will form in the scheme of a hotel.

Thanks for posting this. We were at the market yesterday and I wondered what it was.
Technically, it's a separate hotel (Staybridge Suites) which will share amenities with the Holiday Inn next door. Holiday Inn and Staybridge are both part of the IHG group.
The best part is the construction forced the removal of the "Opening 2013" sign.
Although technically in Waterloo we post most news around the St. Jacob's market here.

A Hampton Inn is under construction beside the Homewood Suits. I cannot find any details online but there is a sign out front of the construction site for Hampton Inn.
The main structure of the rebuilt Roseville UB church is up. They've expanded the footprint in their re-building.
(07-07-2019, 04:09 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Although technically in Waterloo we post most news around the St. Jacob's market here.

A Hampton Inn is under construction beside the Homewood Suits. I cannot find any details online but there is a sign out front of the construction site for Hampton Inn.

I thought it was just beyond the Waterloo border.

The northern Waterloo border runs generally east-west from Benjamin Road, and then between the south wall of the Walmart and the former RIM buildings. The entire Market District is part of Woolwich Township.
When I look up an address on that stretch of Benjamin from Weber to Farmer's Market Rd they have a Waterloo address (Best Western, Hilton, the St. Jacob's Outlet Mall). The Market itself is in Woolwich Township.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »