Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
165 King St W | 3 fl | Completed
Project updates on the former Budd's store redevelopment.

https://www.therecord.com/news-story/736...-building/

That image is now on a huge banner on the building itself now too:
[Image: Render.jpg]
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
So nice!
165 King West
  • 2 x King St Storefronts
    • ~1250-3000 sqft usable space~1500-4000 sqft usable spaceAdditional space allocated for storefront amenities (storage, washrooms, etc)
  • ~20,000 sqft of ideally located office space
    • Segmentable into upto 8 units, with the smallest being ~1500 sqftWide array of amenities available for office tenants (including a gym space, showers, ample bike storage, large cafeteria space and rooftop patio)Special attention has been taken to accentuate the buildings natural character and history, including exposed original brick, restored tin ceiling panels, restored original hardwood floors, a repurposed 2-ton safe, exposed beams and more!
Thanks! Now if one of the admins has some time to spare we could seed the thread with some of the existing discussion from the DTK thread ... Smile
Working on it. I hope to have some time this weekend, but busy at work right now.
(06-08-2017, 09:51 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: That image is now on a huge banner on the building itself now too:
[Image: Render.jpg]

Could one o the mods please move these posts to the correct (new) thread?  Thanks!

Building permit issued last month for the addition/restoration of the 3rd floor to the building.

Quote:Permit is for a third storey addition and includes interior alterations in the basement, main and second floor to convert building from a retail store to a multi-tenant building - shell only.
Temporary construction railings now on the rooftop, in preparation for the construction of the third floor.
I really like how this project is including a shower and change room. I think the lack of these amenities for some people is a major deterrent for them when considering active transportation for work.
Also having bike storage is also a big plus.
Oops!

https://www.therecord.com/news-story/768...enovation/
That's incredibly stupid. In a building that size of that vintage, probably renovated a number of times over the decades, there's practically guaranteed to be some material that does or might contain asbestos. A homeowner doing a small job might err on the side of carrying on and hoping no one says anything, but with so many workers on site, someone is going to.
It's not surprising given how flagrantly the owner (named in the story) has violated rulings about the building. I can't tell you how many times I've seen cease/desist notes and tape over the Hall's lane doors, due to noncompliance with regulations, torn apart so that workers could go in.

(10-27-2017, 10:42 AM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote: It's not surprising given how flagrantly the owner (named in the story) has violated rulings about the building. I can't tell you how many times I've seen cease/desist notes and tape over the Hall's lane doors, due to noncompliance with regulations, torn apart so that workers could go in.

An inexperienced developer working with the wrong contractors perhaps?
The third floor started being added on this today - just some of the outer framing up so far
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »