Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's Missing?
Given that the "What's new?" post links don't automatically take me to the last unread post, I'd really like to have more posts per page to reduce the number of pages I have to jump around.

zanate Wrote:Given that the "What's new?" post links don't automatically take me to the last unread post, I'd really like to have more posts per page to reduce the number of pages I have to jump around.

"What's unread" gets me to the last unread post if I click on the widget to the left of the title.
Oh!

(I'd still like to have more than 10 articles a page.)
Yup like plam said, when you click "what's new" there's a little icon next to the thread title (much like at Wonderful Waterloo). That will take you to the last post you read in the thread.
Also, I'll look into changing the number of posts per page.
not sure if it's possible to change/reverse the wording order of a page title

CURRENT
Waterloo Region Connected • View topic - What's Missing?

TO
What's Missing? - Waterloo Region Connected

Easier to tell when one has many tab open
Ya that annoys me too. It's in the works.

Not "missing", but WRC now has 100 registered users. That's amazing for under two weeks on-line!
I couldn't be happier! Thank you to everyone who migrated over and found us. Wonderful Waterloo was a great place, but I anticipate WRC being even better!!
The new look and functions are just incredible. Only thing that is missing is a site favicon (unless there already is one and I just don't see it on my computer yet).
I'm hoping to have it up by Saturday.
Is there an easy way to tell what I haven't read? Even with the "New Posts" option, I can't tell what I haven't read, what's been posted since I last loaded a thread, can't jump quickly to that spot.
When I hit What's New? at the top of the page, it shows all of the threads with unread posts in them. There's a green arrow and it'll take you to the first unread post. That post should say "unread post" in red next to the thread number on the top right hand part of the post.

Can anyone suggest why my posts are not displaying?
(10-02-2014, 03:29 PM)Spokes Wrote: When I hit What's New? at the top of the page, it shows all of the threads with unread posts in them. There's a green arrow and it'll take you to the first unread post. That post should say "unread post" in red next to the thread number on the top right hand part of the post.

If I'm already on that screen to see what's new, it would make a lot of sense to have the entire thread link jump to the first unread post.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »