Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Image Hosting
As you can see some of the images on the site aren't showing since we've reached photobucket's bandwidth limit. Does anyone know if there are any good hosting services that don't have bandwidth limits? Hosting them locally is an option, but obviously there are limitations there too and increasing that then comes back to the issue of financing the site.

Have you tried Imgur?
We've looked into it, the only downfall is that they rename the files.
I think Dropbox might ban hotlinking, otherwise they would be good as well.
 Came across this one.   Unlimited from $9.95 a month...not sure what that means

http://picblaze.com/upgrade/
(10-01-2014, 02:05 PM)rickhd Wrote:  Came across this one.   Unlimited from $9.95 a month...not sure what that means

http://picblaze.com/upgrade/

The free one shows as having Unlimited Bandwidth, unlimited albums and unlimited storage space.

The only benefit to the Upgraded $9.95/month is it allows you to rename and resize images, etc.  The free one might be perfect or use here.
Anyone know anything about them in terms of reliability?

I can do some hosting on the site, but the number of pictures can add up quickly. My guess though is that's the best option? Anyone offer some insight there?

http://www.whois.com/whois/picblaze.com
I'm personally OK with imgur renaming everything. It also means WRconnected gets an imgur gallery account that can be browsed independently of the site and link back to it through social medias.
For the longest time, I used ImageShack for free, but recently, they changed my account to a "free" 30-day subscription and now I have to pay a minimum of $3.99 a month for a basic subscription. Does anyone have any suggestions for another decent image hosting site?
I believe rangersfan is using imigur
I'd been using majhost for more than a decade, but they went down a few months ago and I'm weary it will never come back up. Sad It was very bare bones, which is what I liked.
Reddit is all about Imgur

So Spokes how's it been going, with the on-site hosting of images?
I rather like being able to upload locally to the forum. Any chance we could get a plugin that auto-compresses images? My phone tends to take pictures that are 1.5mb, and has no resize function.
There is sort of built in hosting available. I believe anyone can attach an image to their post.

I'm not sure an auto-compress option is available, although if it were, that would be ideal.

I can add something that re-sizes the image to always fit on the page, but I dont think that's what you're looking for
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »