Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
General Urban Waterloo Updates and Rumours
Is this new? I feel like I've seen those renders before

Dunno. But stacked townhouses have worked pretty well for me to live in. It also seems reasonably compact without being a (high-rise) apartment.
I'm 90% sure we've discussed it here before, but I'm 100% too lazy to find the discussion.
The render is new.
Discussion is here: http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/s...ight=union
(12-10-2015, 11:05 AM)insider Wrote: What a horrible colour and side facade.

Let's hope it's just a poor render.
Looks like Beta has had their liquor licence suspended for permitting disorderly behaviour. I'm not sure if there was a specific event that triggered this, or just the semi-regular fights.
Not sure how fresh this is but, the buildigs acrross from the Waterloo Town Square beside the parkade are all boarded up... not sure whats planned but they were looking quite run down IIRC

Overheard at Vincenzo's: there are plans brewing for a big condo project at King and John (southwest corner on recently sold Sunlife property). I don't have any other details except the plan is for it to be a similar height to 144/Bauer.
(01-06-2016, 10:27 PM)curiouschair Wrote: Not sure how fresh this is but, the buildigs acrross from the Waterloo Town Square beside the parkade are all boarded up... not sure whats planned but they were looking quite run down IIRC

They're just renovating because a restaurant/bar will take all of the ground floor of both buildings (the permit applications were displayed on the window before the boards went up)
(01-11-2016, 10:54 PM)KingandWeber Wrote: Overheard at Vincenzo's: there are plans brewing for a big condo project at King and John (southwest corner on recently sold Sunlife property). I don't have any other details except the plan is for it to be a similar height to 144/Bauer.

Haven't heard anything about this one but I'll look into it!
(01-11-2016, 10:54 PM)KingandWeber Wrote: Overheard at Vincenzo's: there are plans brewing for a big condo project at King and John (southwest corner on recently sold Sunlife property). I don't have any other details except the plan is for it to be a similar height to 144/Bauer.

That's a pretty good spot to put another decently tall building, it will certainly look the part in that stretch.
And the inevitable march of development joining Kitchener and Waterloo's cores continues. One day it will great to see something here, and a tower across the street on the other corner of John where the Dairy Queen currently sits.
[attachment=775]
(01-13-2016, 09:22 PM)MidTowner Wrote: And the inevitable march of development joining Kitchener and Waterloo's cores continues. One day it will great to see something here, and a tower across the street on the other corner of John where the Dairy Queen currently sits.

I just came across this in my LinkedIn feed this morning and immediate recognized it's surroundings. Corner of King and John opposite from Dairy Queen. Has anyone seen this proposal before? Is this on Sun life land?

Attached Files Image(s)

This is the kind of density I'd want to see right in UpTown, putting the world at your feet. Instead, it's dry cleaners Dodgy (yes, I'm aware of mixed use in Red and Cortez, not to mention Bauer, I'm just always disappointed for all the periphery buildings going away from UpTown, rather than putting you in it)

But yes, this is the assembled properties directly across from the Dairy Queen.
That's new to me. Something there would be very exciting... There is a distinct lot about an acre and a quarter on that corner of King and John, and a separate home behind it on John. Whether Sunlife has purchased it at some point, I don't know.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »