Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Caroline St Private Residences | 22 fl | Complete
Here's a render better showing the proximity between towers:

[Image: News.155Caroline___Content.jpg]

Looks like something from simcity 2000
The website for this project says that it is 50% sold.
(08-28-2016, 06:43 PM)rangersfan Wrote: The website for this project says that it is 50% sold.

Some ways to go yet, then, before they break ground.  Maybe by the end of next year?
From that last Record article on this development to add to what others have said :

"The last time this application came to council, I was very concerned about the density of this application and the fit with the neighbourhood," Coun. Diane Freeman said Monday. "And now they want to make it bigger."

This is right beside an Ion stop and where this type of density should be encouraged. It's almost if some councillors are unaware of the official plan/ places to grow act.
There are two counsellors opposed to the increased density there, and I think it has more to do with the land swap with rerouting of the IHT, than anything else.
(08-29-2016, 08:11 AM)schooner77 Wrote: There are two counsellors opposed to the increased density there, and I think it has more to do with the land swap with rerouting of the IHT, than anything else.

The rerouting is water under the bridge now, though.  Let's move on and consider the rest of the project on its own merits.

The project was approved on Monday by Waterloo Council.

http://m.therecord.com/news-story/688453...council-ok
About 10% of the parking lot, mostly along the Caroline side, had been construction fenced off and they seemed to be doing geotechnical sampling today.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
(09-29-2016, 06:08 AM)rangersfan Wrote: The project was approved on Monday by Waterloo Council.

http://m.therecord.com/news-story/688453...council-ok

Councillor Freeman is quoted as using the word "aspect" 3 times in the same sentence. 

The other noteworthy take away is the height has been increased from 19 stories to 23. The developer cites financial reasons for doing this.

Does anyone have an updated render of this?

That's a link to the website, with the new rendering. Shovels in the ground within the next few months, from what I've heard and I think close or at 75% sold.
How will the two towers be interacting with each other? I know that 144 is a condominium corporation. Will they be separate corporations underneath and umbrella corporation to manage shared elements?
You can't really have an "umbrella corporation" as each condominium corporation is owned by its unit owners. Any common elements could belong to one building or other, with contractual arrangements between the two for any shared space or costs. Or a separate company that rents space/services to the two condo corporations. A bit complicated in either way but it can certainly work.

There will be shared facilities agreement between the two to share costs of the combined areas in the garage and terrace areas.
Parking lot to be closed within the next week or two and construction to begin on CSR's. The house on Park to be demolished as well.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »