Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server Issues
Posting here just to note that the site has been very responsive for the past few months (or more), with no error messages. And the "What's new" link runs the search very quickly now. Thanks for working out the problems!

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you're having a good experience, I haven't noticed any issues either.
Reminder to everyone here -- let's not forget to pitch in, to keep WRC the great resource and community that it has grown into.  It doesn't take many of us to keep the bills paid, if we can pitch in the cost of a half dozen coffees per year.

Quote:Dear WRConnected Users: I can't believe it. We're approaching our second anniversary! We've grown so much over the past two years, and much of that is because of you, the amazing WRConnected Users. But like any other website, there are costs associated with running it. To this point it has been funded out of my own pocket. As some of you may already know, we accept donations. Some of you have made donations (thank you!). This helps cover all of the background costs associated with running this site. If every user were to donate $1 we would more than cover our yearly expenses. If WRConnected is useful to you, take a minute and help keep it online for another year. Any donation is helpful. Thank you.
Happy to chip in again - this is the best forum I've ever been a part of! Thanks Justin for keeping it going.
(08-14-2016, 01:07 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Reminder to everyone here -- let's not forget to pitch in, to keep WRC the great resource and community that it has grown into.  It doesn't take many of us to keep the bills paid, if we can pitch in the cost of a half dozen coffees per year.

Quote:Dear WRConnected Users: I can't believe it. We're approaching our second anniversary! We've grown so much over the past two years, and much of that is because of you, the amazing WRConnected Users. But like any other website, there are costs associated with running it. To this point it has been funded out of my own pocket. As some of you may already know, we accept donations. Some of you have made donations (thank you!). This helps cover all of the background costs associated with running this site. If every user were to donate $1 we would more than cover our yearly expenses. If WRConnected is useful to you, take a minute and help keep it online for another year. Any donation is helpful. Thank you.

(08-16-2016, 04:57 PM)Canard Wrote: Happy to chip in again - this is the best forum I've ever been a part of!  Thanks Justin for keeping it going.

Just want to thank everyone for their amazing generosity.  Once again, I'm absolutely blown away that people who are complete strangers step up and put forward money to help support this community.  I've said it once, and I'll say it a million times, each and every member is why this site is such a success.  It's not just me or the other administrators and mods, it's each and every one of you.  I'm very proud to be a part of this!

I'm happy to say that we've met our goal for the year, costs are covered again!  You all rock!!!
Keep us posted Justin - $10 or $20 a couple of times a year is peanuts for the service and community here, I think. Cities two or three times the size of KW don't even have communities as active and intelligent as this one - we're a lucky bunch, for sure.
Everyone here, if you have not yet made a small donation to help keep this site running, please consider doing so now.  Pitching in the cost of a cappuccino or a pint of beer can make a difference in keeping this site on the air.  Running the site is not free, let's all of us do our part.

Quote:Dear WRConnected Users: Three whole years! We've grown so much over the past three years, and much of that is because of you, the amazing WRConnected Users. But like any other website, there are costs associated with running it. To this point it has been funded out of my own pocket. As some of you may already know, we accept donations. Some of you have made donations (thank you!). This helps cover all of the background costs associated with running this site. If every user were to donate $1 we would more than cover our yearly expenses. If WRConnected is useful to you, take a minute and help keep it online for another year. Any donation is helpful. Thank you.

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who made a donation to help support the site this year. I was telling Tom the other day, when I started WRC I'd always assumed I would have to cover the costs, but your generosity continues to blow me away. I'm thrilled to announce that we've covered the costs, and even have a tiny bit of a surplus to tuck away for next years costs. Thanks again everyone!!
If I were to switch web hosts this summer, is anyone well versed enough in that that they could help me out with the process
(06-10-2020, 05:48 PM)Spokes Wrote: If I were to switch web hosts this summer, is anyone well versed enough in that that they could help me out with the process

Yup.
Yea. Feel free to reach out to me as well if needed.
Thanks guys! I'm researching the process but I think I have/will have questions
It's maybe a bit overkill for you, but you might want to check out Docker containers.

(06-11-2020, 12:16 PM)jamincan Wrote: It's maybe a bit overkill for you, but you might want to check out Docker containers.

Is there a story about deploying them in production with officially supported software? (I guess this is kind of a derail).
(06-11-2020, 12:16 PM)jamincan Wrote: It's maybe a bit overkill for you, but you might want to check out Docker containers.

What is it?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »