Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
General Suburban Updates and Rumours
Almost the entire NE corner lot Highland and Ira Needles has been excavated.

Fifteen units for sale in the Grand Westmount including a $1M penthouse, which as best as I understand has never sold.
Drove by the other day and saw the sign up for West Acres Villas (http://huroncreek.com/westacres) at Highland / West Acres. Looks like they've started working on the foundation.
Is that considered to be stacked townhouses, or walk-up apartments?
I would guess stacked townhouses due to the stairs being in the units.
Coptic church addition:

Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
Habitat for Humanity Kehl at Ottawa:

Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.

(10-13-2016, 04:38 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: Coptic church addition:

Massive, but it looks (at least to a non-Copt, like me) way better than the cathedral they built in Markham.
(10-14-2016, 01:59 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(10-13-2016, 04:38 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: Coptic church addition:

Massive, but it looks (at least to a non-Copt, like me) way better than the cathedral they built in Markham.

I think they've done a decent job of marrying the new structure to the older front addition.

Re Markham - you mean the one on Hwy 7?  That place is massive.  I'd love to see pics of the sanctuary (not completed yet, I don't think).
I helped out with the Habitat build on Kehl this week. Currently 3 sets of units are complete and mostly occupied with the fourth almost finished framing (as long as the nails I put in hold Smile ).

In total there will be 45 units when complete.
This building on Ottawa St. got a nice reclad recently, which helps compliment its interesting modernist features: https://goo.gl/maps/ybQ8WQdYvrB2
493 Lancaster St West.   Lancaster and Hamel in Bridgeport.

Currently Lancaster Dental on the 2nd floor and one other office.    Big signs posted on 1st floor saying Guardian Drug and Medical Clinic.   

Building has been for lease for a few years.
Steel framing has been taking place at 31 Kingsbury Dr over the past week or so.

CLAC has opened their new 60,000 Sq ft headquarters and training facility in Cambridge.

http://m.therecord.com/news-story/696156...-cambridge
Office building going up on Kingsbury Dr.

Attached Files Image(s)

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »