Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Sports and Recreation News
I've met and talked to the guy behind Velofix in Waterloo Region and I'd definitely recommend him for bike maintenance. He also does ski waxing etc. in the winter, so he might be an option for snowboards, too, though I don't know for certain one way or another.

Oh, very cool! Thanks - I've seen their van around in my neighborhood.
Following up on this, I got my pre-season tune up last week and therefore had the opportunity to try Velofix out for the first time. I was very pleased with the work and stand by my initial impressions. He has high standards and does quality work - your bike couldn't be in better hands.

He's actually running a flat-changing workshop in conjunction with Descendants Beer on Mar 27. It's a good chance to meet Tim while learning or improving on an important skill. I'm really hoping it is a success, because he's apparently considering doing further bike maintenance workshops that I'm really interested in. More info here: https://www.facebook.com/events/747716252070438/
Since I started riding a road bike, I've learned a lot about changing tires. They're less forgiving than my big knobby mountain bike wheels. I still forget how my mini pump works though.

Oh, I've also figured out how to properly patch a tube, otherwise it would be even more expensive!
How often are you getting flats? It's a good idea to diagnose the cause of the flat if you can. If it's a puncture, you'll want to make sure that whatever caused it isn't embedded in your tire. If it's a pinch flat, you'll want to make sure you're inflating your tire sufficiently.
In indoor recreation news, Dickson Bowl is rumoured to be shutting down in May. I think that reduces the lanes in Waterloo Region to Towne Bowl, Frederick Bowl, iBowl in Galt and the Bingeman's alley.
(03-06-2017, 12:42 PM)DHLawrence Wrote: In indoor recreation news, Dickson Bowl is rumoured to be shutting down in May. I think that reduces the lanes in Waterloo Region to Towne Bowl, Frederick Bowl, iBowl in Galt and the Bingeman's alley.

Is the one on Victoria and Strange not open anymore?

Coke

No idea; what is it called?
Victoria Bowl
Looks like it's still around. I hadn't heard of it.
Could professional soccer be on its way to the Region? http://www.therecord.com/sports-story/72...oo-region/
It would be tough, seems to be 50 fans at KW united games
The photos I've seen of the KW Titans games have made it seem like there was almost no one in attendance, sadly.

(05-08-2017, 09:11 PM)darts Wrote: It would be tough, seems to be 50 fans at KW united games

It's hard to back a side whose best players graduate to professional every year, and turn over every couple years from basic attrition. The Rangers fit this description, I realize, but hockey has a much better cachet.
I am stoked. I think KW United averaged around 500 fans. But yeah, it's not great. There has been more interest this year though. So will be interesting to see.

I have high hopes for the CPL. It has big time backers in professional stadiums. If we get a team, it will be a great rivalry with Hamilton. This would be the highest level sport in the city by a significant margin and with Cup competitions winners could face both MLS teams and Liga MX teams.

United doesn't have fans, and has terrible marketing, but their on field product is very impressive.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »