Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Highway 7 - Kitchener to Guelph
(03-15-2017, 12:31 PM)Coke6pk Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 12:27 PM)Canard Wrote: Wait... is that little slipway now two ways??  Like, you could turn off of Edna, almost like you're going down the current off-ramp, and then you'll be driving head-on into traffic flying by on your right at 100 km/h or something?

I am assuming it has to be a one way southbound only... but when looking at the picture, the road near Wellington, it does kinda look like a two way street...

Right.  There is a median strip at Wellington, which surely means it's two-way traffic.

(03-15-2017, 11:28 AM)Markster Wrote: People were talking about on and off-ramps without posting the design in the thread again!

I did link to the original post that included it in my reply...  :-)

(03-12-2017, 08:34 AM)KevinT Wrote:
(03-11-2017, 07:46 AM)Canard Wrote: If you're on Victoria, heading Eastbound... how do you get on 85 Southbound?  It looks like the ramp off of Edna is gone?!

Ish.  If you look at the frederick-expresswayclean.pdf linked in this post by JCnb, the Edna-Wellington connector looks to be two way.  So I'd say take the ramp from Edna like you always did, but now it will take you north to the intersection at Wellington.  Just go through the lights there and bingo, you're on the 85 Southbound ramp.
(03-15-2017, 12:33 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 12:31 PM)Coke6pk Wrote: I am assuming it has to be a one way southbound only... but when looking at the picture, the road near Wellington, it does kinda look like a two way street...

Right.  There is a median strip at Wellington, which surely means it's two-way traffic.

So where is the Northbound traffic coming from?  Edna?  Because the drawings look to show a one lane roadway at that point....  There doesn't seem to be anywhere else for traffic to come from....

Coke

EDIT : I see the extension of Bruce St seems (in the picture) like one lane too, so I guess they will both be two way...
Functionally, it makes sense - that same Edna intersection will still be the way on and off of the 85 SB. It's just that instead of going directly to it, it will follow the ~secret tunnel~ to Wellington, and use those ramps
Yeah, the secret Edna road is the way to go south on 85. By going north to Wellington.
At least it resolves Canard's navigation query from earlier better than my previous advice, so I appreciate the correction.
Is it really 2 way? There is no line between lanes coming from Edna...

(03-15-2017, 04:08 PM)Canard Wrote: Is it really 2 way? There is no line between lanes coming from Edna...

There are no lines between lanes on Riverbend, Shirley, Bruce or Edna.  Unless we are moving to a whole new one way mess in the area, I think they are all 2 way....

Coke
The median is clear at Wellington, and there's nothing all the way back to Edna proper that would change the layout.
Well except that the doted lines dissapear. Which kind of suggests it's a single lane. The median could just be separating left turn/straight/right lanes at Wellington.

WHY IS THERE NOT A PCC WHERE WE CAN ASK ALL THISSSSSSSS Smile
The Bruce St extension clearly does not show a line for much of its run. It is still two-way. The Edna connector is two-way.
(03-15-2017, 05:02 PM)Canard Wrote: WHY IS THERE NOT A PCC WHERE WE CAN ASK ALL THISSSSSSSS Smile

THe MTO cares not for us mere mortals?
(03-15-2017, 05:38 PM)KevinL Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 05:02 PM)Canard Wrote: WHY IS THERE NOT A PCC WHERE WE CAN ASK ALL THISSSSSSSS Smile

THe MTO cares not for us mere mortals?

Why don’t they just post all the design and construction documents on the Web? I don’t think there is anything secret about them. That would also automatically take care of distribution to whatever construction people need them.

No kidding. It drives me crazy that they don't post kor information for projects like this.
We're spoiled from the wealth of information available about ion!

All we really need to start is a vectored PDF of Markster's map.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »