Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
One Hundred | 21 & 17 fl | U/C
http://www.therecord.com/news-story/6940...kitchener/

KITCHENER — A pair of local developers announced a strategic partnership Monday at the sod-turning for a condominium project on Victoria Street that is worth more than $100 million.

Momentum Developments and Zehr Group will jointly develop the 348-unit project at 100 Victoria St. S. The development, called One Hundred, will include a podium building with three floors capped with a rooftop terrace, and two towers rising above it.

From The CTV video on the project, it has this image, possibly the office building ? On second thought it looks too small.

Attached Files Image(s)

(11-01-2016, 11:38 AM)rangersfan Wrote: From The CTV video on the project, it has this image, possibly the office building ? On second thought it looks too small.

That's an old rendering - you can find it here: http://www.onehundred.ca/

[Image: dBcrodx.jpg]

It's looking west between the two towers, so the building you're seeing is the Huck Glove building.
The hold on this development should be lifted December 5, 2016 if the staff recommendation is followed:
http://www.kitchener.ca/en/Calendar/Down...d53c0fc08b
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
Demioliton of all former structures on the lot is complete.
(11-28-2016, 10:08 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: The hold on this development should be lifted December 5, 2016 if the staff recommendation is followed:
http://www.kitchener.ca/en/Calendar/Down...d53c0fc08b

Is the hold just stopping actual construction from happening?  Demo is ok, but not building structure?
The final building permit was issued on December 20th so this is good to go as soon as they are ready to start digging.

I heard that they were already drilling piles
Yep, the site has had a decent amount of activity already.
(02-14-2017, 02:42 PM)KevinL Wrote: Yep, the site has had a decent amount of activity already.

Yup... view over the fence from Arthur Place:

[Image: wUXWZr9.jpg]

[Image: T7vRfFm.jpg]
So that is the water table?
(03-22-2017, 09:56 PM)BrianT Wrote:
(03-22-2017, 06:14 PM)panamaniac Wrote: So that is the water table?

It might be a spring. They will need to pump it to finish the excavation to the required depth.

I do wonder.  I know that much of the area toward Downtown/Victoria Park and back toward the old Uniroyal plant was originally swampland, but in my mind that area "west" of Victoria St seemed a bit higher.
(03-23-2017, 01:34 PM)Chicopee Wrote:
(03-23-2017, 01:16 PM)panamaniac Wrote: I do wonder.  I know that much of the area toward Downtown/Victoria Park and back toward the old Uniroyal plant was originally swampland, but in my mind that area "west" of Victoria St seemed a bit higher.

Was it swampy around there? I thought it was extremely sandy in the area; hence the original name "Sandhills", preceeding Berlin.

I think the Sandhills moniker related more to Cedar Hill and the (now much reduced) hill at Frederick and Weber.   My understanding is that the swampy areas started down around Charles and Gaukel and extended back through what is now Victoria Park and on toward the Uniroyal plant area.  I recall rych mills mentioning once that the back of Cherry Park at Strane St is a last remnant of the swamps and that a First Nations settlement excavated many years ago near Uniroyal was likely there because nomadic people established themselves close to swampland, for its abundance of food and other resources.

I couldn't swear to any of this, but that's my recollection.

(03-23-2017, 06:53 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(03-23-2017, 01:34 PM)Chicopee Wrote: Was it swampy around there? I thought it was extremely sandy in the area; hence the original name "Sandhills", preceeding Berlin.

I think the Sandhills moniker related more to Cedar Hill and the (now much reduced) hill at Frederick and Weber.   My understanding is that the swampy areas started down around Charles and Gaukel and extended back through what is now Victoria Park and on toward the Uniroyal plant area.  I recall rych mills mentioning once that the back of Cherry Park at Strane St is a last remnant of the swamps and that a First Nations settlement excavated many years ago near Uniroyal was likely there because nomadic people established themselves close to swampland, for its abundance of food and other resources.

I couldn't swear to any of this, but that's my recollection.

Forget Trump... these guys are literally draining the swamp!

[Image: MSVpm38.jpg]

[Image: wN53GkS.jpg]
Went by today however I wasn't able to get a picture, the excavation is very deep along Victoria Street.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »