Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.18 Average
Station Park | 18, 28, 36, 40, 50 fl | U/C
Looks like the towers have been considerably "ordinaried", based on that partial render.

Looking forward to Friday, the sneak peek image looks promising.
Unless I am not orienting myself correctly or they are doing something funny with the perspective, the heights in that latest render don't seem to correspond with the previous render (the completely covered one). Based on the earlier rendering the tallest tower should be the one in the foreground of the latest render.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
(05-17-2017, 07:12 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: Unless I am not orienting myself correctly or they are doing something funny with the perspective, the heights in that latest render don't seem to correspond with the previous render (the completely covered one). Based on the earlier rendering the tallest tower should be the one in the foreground of the latest render.

i am thinking shorter office building along king, three towers of res behind with some mix use commercial in there...who knows what the hold up is...
Tried to go back to the first page of this thread to see what the render looked like before, but it still has that original terrible thing from a few years ago. As long as we leave that there, whatever Friday brings is certain to be amazing in comparison!
(05-17-2017, 11:56 PM)notmyfriends Wrote: Tried to go back to the first page of this thread to see what the render looked like before, but it still has that original terrible thing from a few years ago.  As long as we leave that there, whatever Friday brings is certain to be amazing in comparison!

If anyone wants to know, the second render (the one everyone liked) is on Page 13.

The original original is a little disappointing. Glad we're not likely to get that.
Hopefully they really do release the new render tomorrow, without another delay.

Panamaniac is right, the towers look more basic than the designs we saw earlier.

(05-18-2017, 09:57 AM)MidTowner Wrote: Hopefully they really do release the new render tomorrow, without another delay.

Panamaniac is right, the towers look more basic than the designs we saw earlier.

Hopefully. Judging by the newest render, it looks to be a 24-storey tower, plus a 22 storey and 20 storey. Roughly. Plus other smaller buildings.

I don't mind the newest render though. It will be still impressive.
Sixo Midtown Render has been release and it looks very appealing

Community space is very inviting

Wow. Very cool. I'd like to see a close up of the street interaction, but at first glance, I like it.
That's what it would hinge on for me, too. I'm less interested in what they would look like if I were hovering above the ground (though the towers do look attractive to me).

It's hard to tell what might be going on streetfront.
How kind of them to transplant all those mature trees onto OSC's helipad.
Looks absolutely amazing. This is what the Barrelyards could have/should have been.

[Image: new-rendering-dusk.jpg]

[Image: new-rendering-groundview.jpg]

Couple of additional renders, these at ground level. Very appealing.
Focusing on those street levels:

I'm glad to see a very inviting space at the Wellington end.

The experience is less optimal as you walk towards the rail corridor, but it's an improvement over the concrete retaining wall of the last design.
The office building at the corner at least has the lobby directly on King St, with the big atrium. It's sterile, but better than nothing.

I do like that they're taking natural advantage of the grade change for the underground parking access, instead of further ruining other parts of the frontage.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »