Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
They saw your photo! Big Grin

Breithaupt and Moore is being paved today, after being closed since approximately 1873. There's even a bit of asphalt on King St, although that part looks like they were just dumping leftovers.
(05-26-2017, 04:18 PM)kps Wrote: Breithaupt and Moore is being paved today, after being closed since approximately 1873. There's even a bit of asphalt on King St, although that part looks like they were just dumping leftovers.

???
(05-26-2017, 04:22 PM)GtwoK Wrote:
(05-26-2017, 04:18 PM)kps Wrote: Breithaupt and Moore is being paved today, after being closed since approximately 1873. There's even a bit of asphalt on King St, although that part looks like they were just dumping leftovers.

???

Sarcasm I believe.
(05-26-2017, 02:40 PM)KevinL Wrote:
(05-26-2017, 02:18 PM)GtwoK Wrote: Hmm, no metal crossing plates here? Isn't that a legal requirement?

The photo makes the concrete look dry; it must have still been very wet when it was taken, as the plates are in now.

It was indeed still very wet.
(05-26-2017, 02:40 PM)KevinL Wrote:
(05-26-2017, 02:18 PM)GtwoK Wrote: Hmm, no metal crossing plates here? Isn't that a legal requirement?

The photo makes the concrete look dry; it must have still been very wet when it was taken, as the plates are in now.

Here are the plates.

This shows how the sidewalk was widened.  There is a step up to the original sidewalk height at the last doorway on Queen St.

That little curb is gonna be an annoyance. Everything else looks great.

(05-28-2017, 03:30 PM)clasher Wrote: That little curb is gonna be an annoyance. Everything else looks great.

It certainly is, I tripped over it already.
A railing should be going in to prevent any problems in future.
1/4 - Sunday, May 28, 2017

Had a wonderful morning out exploring the line.  Pleasantly surprised by the weather, which turned out to be fantastic!  I'm still glowing from all the sun.

I can't quite recall (I'll have to check my photos) if there were originally two lubricators here, and they're just re-doing the foundation for one of them... or they're adding a second.

Here's a photo of the "new" bus stops that GrandLinq is building.

These new electrical boxes have been showing up all along Charles.

Waterloo Park-Laurier station.

As reported by others, the trail is now right alongside the LRT alignment!
2/4 - Sunday, May 28, 2017

A wide shot of one of the crossings within University of Waterloo.

Nothing going on at the OMSF.  I know you're in there, 501...

A slightly different view of the switch heating hardware from Fastrax.

Now that the top layer of concrete is on the platform, the passenger enclosure can be added, and has been! The very first.

Details at Northfield.
3/4 - Sunday, May 28, 2017

Love this.

On either Friday or Saturday (or both?), crews were out cleaning and sweeping all the construction materials, debris and gravel off of the rapidway.  The difference is astounding.  I can't wait for this to happen everywhere else!

Coz' who doesn't love a crossover.

The Multi-Use Trail in front of Conestoga is now in place!  Save for a couple of spots where you still have to walk your bike across.

I thought I saw something as I biked past Waterloo Public Square... and am glad I circled back! This is absolutely awesome. Well done, team!
4/4 - Sunday, May 28, 2017

Looking down at work at the King St. Grade Separation, from Wellington.

A couple of guys were busy hanging the "TRAIN/NO TURN" lights.

All photos, as always, taken safely from outside the (closed, active) construction zone.

I. hate. these. so. much.

Paving extends onto King today.

They're also paving the Queen/Charles area. Hopefully it reopens soon!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »