Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Young (née Mayfair Hotel) | 5 fl | Complete
Forever is such a long time....

For years to come? Quite possibly.

Kitchener is renowned for its downtown gravel lots.
(06-08-2017, 10:09 AM)Markster Wrote: Kitchener is renowned for its downtown gravel lots.

I'd take that Jane's Walk.
It has me wondering - which King St W/E lot has been vacant longest? The most prominent one would be the gap between Frederick and Queen, but there are a number of others.
Quote:Mayfair Hotel | 0 fl | Complete

This gave me a chuckle... has it always been this '0 fl' description? Big Grin
Since the demolition, yes.
8 months later and all I hear is crickets... will there ever be movement on this prime 'building lot'?

Ask the City.
(03-27-2018, 07:13 PM)KevinL Wrote: Ask the City.

Well, Bernie Nimer does own it. And he claimed he was going to develop it. But ...
And now, again finally, a plan for "One Young", and it looks good! DTK is on a tear!

https://www.therecord.com/news-story/880...otel-site/
Thumbs up to rooftop patios!
Here's the render in thread

Kind of wierd they wouldn't including the new tower too

There will be no tower until some time after this project is completed, if construction is to begin next spring.
Also, that design may still be shifting so it's likely they've embargoed it for now.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »