Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
One Hundred | 21 & 17 fl | U/C
According to Momentum's Spring News Letter:
- foundation pour should commence within weeks (has been delayed by rain)
- Tower 1 is sold out, some units left in the podium and in Tower 2
- Selection Office will open at 5 Michael St. near the end of summer.

I imagine that "Proposed" could soon disappear from the title of this thread ...
The base for the tower crane was being poured today.
I love the pace these guys work at. Refreshing when I can remember years ago thinking how slow construction in WR was
why is the buildings height so low it should be much higher
It appears the tower crane is going up today!
(06-15-2017, 08:41 AM)JCnb Wrote: It appears the tower crane is going up today!

Yep, the crane IS up today.

They're almost done the crane work, as of around 3 PM today. Unsure what else they need to do with it. I would have taken a picture of it but I was driving to pick up my daughter from KCI and simply didn't have time.

Photo 
Howdy neighbours! 

Looks like I will have a good view from my deck once this one gets some height.

Attached Files Image(s)

So much parking lot waiting for better things!
(06-16-2017, 09:05 AM)panamaniac Wrote: So much parking lot waiting for better things!

Is the Bramm St Yards still being used by Kitchener maintenance, or is it sitting idle now?
(06-16-2017, 10:35 AM)Spokes Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 09:05 AM)panamaniac Wrote: So much parking lot waiting for better things!

Is the Bramm St Yards still being used by Kitchener maintenance, or is it sitting idle now?

No use by the City that I've seen. It's all running from Wabanaki now.
https://www.therecord.com/news-story/738...ad-closes/

KITCHENER — Patients transported by helicopter to and from Kitchener's hospitals will be diverted to the Breslau airport after the downtown helipad was closed due to a new construction crane erected nearby.
The helipad is at Walter and Wellington streets, between Grand River Hospital and St. Mary's General Hospital. This week, a tall crane went up not too far away.
"The crane affects the flight path to the helipad," said Grand River spokesperson Mark Karjaluoto.
Helicopters will now have to land at the Region of Waterloo International Airport, and an ambulance will need to cover the rest of the distance to either hospital. Karjaluoto said they were notified on Wednesday morning by Ornge, which provides air ambulance services in Ontario.
The downtown helipad gets 100 flights a year, equal to one every few days. By comparison, Karjaluoto said, Grand River's emergency department sees 70,000 patients a year.
(06-23-2017, 08:51 PM)Smore Wrote: https://www.therecord.com/news-story/738...ad-closes/

KITCHENER — Patients transported by helicopter to and from Kitchener's hospitals will be diverted to the Breslau airport after the downtown helipad was closed due to a new construction crane erected nearby.
The helipad is at Walter and Wellington streets, between Grand River Hospital and St. Mary's General Hospital. This week, a tall crane went up not too far away.
"The crane affects the flight path to the helipad," said Grand River spokesperson Mark Karjaluoto.
Helicopters will now have to land at the Region of Waterloo International Airport, and an ambulance will need to cover the rest of the distance to either hospital. Karjaluoto said they were notified on Wednesday morning by Ornge, which provides air ambulance services in Ontario.
The downtown helipad gets 100 flights a year, equal to one every few days. By comparison, Karjaluoto said, Grand River's emergency department sees 70,000 patients a year.

I assumed this refers to the tower crane at 100...if its incorrect (and perhaps anyways) maybe the mods could move post to Tower Cranes thread.

Once they start building Sixo, there will be more cranes in range of the helipad.

Might be worth looking into a new location for it.
(06-23-2017, 11:05 PM)KevinL Wrote: Once they start building Sixo, there will be more cranes in range of the helipad.

Might be worth looking into a new location for it.

I wonder if a new Helipad could be built across the street from GRH in the Sun life Parking lot, or the parking lot at Park/Strange or even better have Helipads on the roofs of GRH and St. Mary's Hospital if the roofs are strong enough. It would benefit Ornge and the developers. Since the helipad/hopefully OSC could be redeveloped and the helicopters would be right at the hospital.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »