Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Inclusive on Courtland | 38, 34, 30 & 29 fl | Proposed
there is a neighbourhood information meeting tomorrow night at 7 pm for this development at the kingsdale community centre. Im going to attend and support this development and i encourages others too attend as well if they want to see this type of thing come out and support it if its the type of the development you think this region needs!

I am very interested to hear more information about what was said at the public meeting. I would really like to see this project go ahead as planned. I couldn't find any information on tonight's meeting online and with two little ones it is hard to sneak away at that time to hear for myself.
Here is a story from the Record, I hope they stay at the 38! story height! https://www.therecord.com/news-story/752...residents/
(08-31-2017, 02:10 AM)Square Wrote: Here is a story from the Record, I hope they stay at the 38! story height!   https://www.therecord.com/news-story/752...residents/

Amen....
A very mild set of neighbourhood concerns, it would seem, if the report is accurate.
A bit funny the juxtaposition of concern - that it will bring so many more cars - with reality - it is basically right on top of a light rail station.
To be fair, the article mentions 1500 parking spaces.

It will be funny, ironic, and sad that the tallest buildings in the Region (by A LOT) will be in such a suburban location. I recently heard that even the multimodal hub won't be over 10-12 storeys in height!
SIXO and Charlie West are slated to be close to 30 storeys. No one knows yet what the multimodal hub will be since they haven't yet even issued an RFP.
(08-31-2017, 01:45 PM)urbd Wrote: It will be funny, ironic, and sad that the tallest buildings in the Region (by A LOT) will be in such a suburban location. I recently heard that even the multimodal hub won't be over 10-12 storeys in height!

That is not strictly correct.
The RFQ for the Hub requested a team capable of building a project ranging from 6 storeys on the low end, to over 20 storeys on the high end.  Height to be determined based on market conditions.
(08-31-2017, 01:50 PM)tomh009 Wrote: SIXO and Charlie West are slated to be close to 30 storeys.  No one knows yet what the multimodal hub will be since they haven't yet even issued an RFP.

I have not heard about these, the SIXO nor Charlie West. Could you provide a link or more details on this for me?
(08-31-2017, 02:52 PM)PJK007 Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 01:50 PM)tomh009 Wrote: SIXO and Charlie West are slated to be close to 30 storeys.  No one knows yet what the multimodal hub will be since they haven't yet even issued an RFP.

I have not heard about these, the SIXO nor Charlie West. Could you provide a link or more details on this for me?

Lots of info here:
http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/s...php?tid=38
http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/s...hp?tid=710
(08-31-2017, 01:45 PM)urbd Wrote: It will be funny, ironic, and sad that the tallest buildings in the Region (by A LOT) will be in such a suburban location. I recently heard that even the multimodal hub won't be over 10-12 storeys in height!

I wonder what their real height goal is?

“Dad, can I have $50?”

“What do you need $40 for? I don’t have $30. Where are you going with $20? Here’s $10.”

[hands over a $5 bill]

I hope it’s more than 3.8 stories!

(06-02-2017, 02:50 AM)rangersfan Wrote: Very some exciting proposals have come out in the past few weeks Charlie West, Sixo, the proposed tower on Regina and Virerra Village.

Would love to see a 35 story tower in the region.

There are no buildings 35 story towers anywhere in Kitchener, nor does it make sense to make this location the first. There is not enough space and it is right in the middle of two train tracks. Someones's lost their mind with this design and proposal.
(06-18-2017, 07:45 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(06-18-2017, 07:41 PM)Canard Wrote: It goes here:

With that photo, you can tell that there is plenty of room for that project. Much wider than I thought.  Will be good use of that land.

BTW: Who owns that land? The railway? Region or city? Or some private company?

The photo taken only makes the space look large because whoever owns the land now spent a lot of time manicuring the landscape and removing all the natural vegetation that was there, when you look at the distance between the train track, ION track and Courtland, you can see that clearly it is not an ideal spot for anyone to live.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »