Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest
Bingeman's must have them feeling nervous. Or do I misunderstand the references to "original" and "authentic"?

(10-10-2017, 08:50 AM)rangersfan Wrote: Has anyone checked out the festivities at Bingemans this year?

We were given free tickets, will be checking it out this evening...
(10-14-2017, 02:43 PM)KevinL Wrote: They seem to have an emphasis on 'originality' and 'authenticity' in the marketing this year...

[Image: 1luu.jpg]

I guess Bingeman’s and TWB are not local businesses? /s

Please, this reeks of desperation and the KW Oktoberfest should be ashamed.
(10-14-2017, 04:19 PM)neonjoe Wrote:
(10-10-2017, 08:50 AM)rangersfan Wrote: Has anyone checked out the festivities at Bingemans this year?

We were given free tickets, will be checking it out this evening...

The event was fun. I did like the German beers being available along with the Innocente blonde and KW craft cider. Overall it did seem like a big promotion event for Waterloo Brewing, it’s like they just replaced Molson with Waterloo.
In my biased opinion that sounds like a very substantial improvement.
I love KW Craft Cider!
Each festhalle having its own beer sponsor could work well ...

There were definitely a bunch of Waterloo Brewing options, but they had two different German breweries with four options from them, at the bar at the back I bought at. Even if Oktoberfest were willing to bring in 3-4 German beers, I'd be very happy, but I also know that no one is otherwise going to step in and replace Molson's sponsorship, so...
(10-15-2017, 08:00 PM)Section ThirtyOne Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 02:43 PM)KevinL Wrote: They seem to have an emphasis on 'originality' and 'authenticity' in the marketing this year...

[Image: 1luu.jpg]

I guess Bingeman’s and TWB are not local businesses? /s

Please, this reeks of desperation and the KW Oktoberfest should be ashamed.

This is the first thing I thought of... as there is nothing better than drinking that one beer brand offered at the festhalle, brewed by a foreign brewer under the guise of being Canadian.

Coke
(10-16-2017, 09:36 AM)Coke6pk Wrote: This is the first thing I thought of... as there is nothing better than drinking that one beer brand offered at the festhalle, brewed by a foreign brewer under the guise of being Canadian.

Coke

Not that I like their beers ... but Molson Coors is still half Canadian, even if their HQ is in the US.
(10-16-2017, 11:29 AM)tomh009 Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 09:36 AM)Coke6pk Wrote: This is the first thing I thought of... as there is nothing better than drinking that one beer brand offered at the festhalle, brewed by a foreign brewer under the guise of being Canadian.

Coke

Not that I like their beers ... but Molson Coors is still half Canadian, even if their HQ is in the US.

Half Canadian and all tasteless. Tongue

[note: I don’t actually like the taste of beer at all, any kind as far as I can tell, but I hope Bingeman’s was hugely successful this year]
If it's Oktoberfest, shouldn't all the beer be German?
Wasn't there also Craftoberfest which was separate from the other two?

Don't forget too that many of the accredited KW Oktoberfest events are either run by or support local charities and community organizations, and that many of these events do not involve the sale of alcohol.

(10-20-2017, 12:42 PM)nms Wrote: Wasn't there also Craftoberfest which was separate from the other two?

Don't forget too that many of the accredited KW Oktoberfest events are either run by or support local charities and community organizations, and that many of these events do not involve the sale of alcohol.

neonjoe at post #43.
Lot 42 on Ardelt is going to be a new Oktoberfest festhalle this year. Capacity 5,000. It will also host the Miss Oktoberfest Ball.

http://www.570news.com/2018/05/16/k-w-ok...niversary/
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »