Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
The Barrel Yards | 25 fl | U/C
(06-21-2017, 09:11 PM)strickliability Wrote: Cooperage South (#2) has been reconfigured slightly. The gym will no longer be on the top floor. It will be on the first floor. The North tower gym is losing some of the machines and weights but each tower can access the other gym.

Smart move.  Top-floor gyms have a nice view but noise transmission to the floor below is always a problem.

(06-22-2017, 02:54 AM)tomh009 Wrote:
(06-21-2017, 09:11 PM)strickliability Wrote: Cooperage South (#2) has been reconfigured slightly. The gym will no longer be on the top floor. It will be on the first floor. The North tower gym is losing some of the machines and weights but each tower can access the other gym.

Smart move.  Top-floor gyms have a nice view but noise transmission to the floor below is always a problem.

Yes, and it opens up the top floor for more expensive rentals. I know they had many issues with the unit below the gym, even after adding padding.
(06-21-2017, 09:11 PM)strickliability Wrote: Fifth tower is starting shortly. "Royal Oak" 20 floors. Finishing the parking garage floors then the crane goes up.

Cooperage South (#2) has been reconfigured slightly. The gym will no longer be on the top floor. It will be on the first floor. The North tower gym is losing some of the machines and weights but each tower can access the other gym.

Where is this one located in relation to the others?  

I feel like the original site plan can't really be followed at this point.  Or can it?
(06-22-2017, 12:55 PM)Spokes Wrote:
(06-21-2017, 09:11 PM)strickliability Wrote: Fifth tower is starting shortly. "Royal Oak" 20 floors. Finishing the parking garage floors then the crane goes up.

Cooperage South (#2) has been reconfigured slightly. The gym will no longer be on the top floor. It will be on the first floor. The North tower gym is losing some of the machines and weights but each tower can access the other gym.

Where is this one located in relation to the others?  

I feel like the original site plan can't really be followed at this point.  Or can it?

The original site plan is exactly what has been and is being built. So yes, it can be followed.
Attached two photos of the progress below. There are four towers up (though not all are complete + the hotel) and they're preparing the area for the fifth which you can see in the first photo

[Image: FchEsZy.jpg]

[Image: U4ZobJ5.jpg]
It looks like the first floor has either been poured or is about to be poured.

[Image: xUWVCJH.jpg]
(10-20-2017, 09:17 AM)jwilliamson Wrote: It looks like the first floor has either been poured or is about to be poured.

[Image: xUWVCJH.jpg]
Been at this stage for months. Just for more underground parking. Don't think they are proceeding on this anytime soon.

I guess the townhomes along Avondale Ave N won't be going in any time soon either; fresh parking lot today:

Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
Spoke too soon. Crane is going up.
Crane is up.

[Image: hPq5E98.jpg]

[Image: KC9ut5K.jpg]
So what's the crane for? The commercial office space? I can't remember what goes there, and the image link in the first post is borked!
(10-30-2017, 11:20 AM)Markster Wrote: So what's the crane for?  The commercial office space? I can't remember what goes there, and the image link in the first post is borked!

This building is called Royal Oak. It will be 20 stories. 

There are two more residential towers (plus the townhomes) in addition to this tower on the original site plan (provided to residents when you move in) 

http://barrelyards.com/wp-content/upload..._large.jpg

There are also two office towers in addition to the three remaining residential towers. If you look at the site plan there has been some changes, this latest building was to be 18 stories but we were told through resident communication it would be 20 stories. 

Still another 12 and 10 story buildings on the plan. Were told the residential building will be completed before they start on the two office towers and commercial space. We've also heard speculation that there has been revisions to the office tower plans.
Right. Five more large buildings to go. I think 2022-ish completion date for the site is likely, assuming no major changes to the plan.

Just to clarify they are planning to complete all remaining residential towers before starting the office buildings?
Thanks for the updated information.
(10-30-2017, 02:49 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Just to clarify they are planning to complete all remaining residential towers before starting the office buildings?
Thanks for the updated information.

Yes. Or at least that is information I was told when I moved in last year.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »