Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(11-14-2017, 09:36 PM)Canard Wrote: This would be ideal:

[Image: bd9454f3969e2968846ccbe56fb4da0b]

http://ridetheg.com.au/rhino/

Keolis did this in Gold Coast, and now Bordeaux.

Edit - Oh wow, Angers too, and also Melbourne. Everywhere Keolis is!

It's a common thing they do during testing phases to alert and educate people on aspects of safety. (It might be a reason why 502 hasn't been decked out in decals yet). It also screams "I may be empty now, but in a few months I won't be and you need to be aware of that"

It’s common to have testing signs. It’s not as common to paint a rhino on it. Smile That’s what I was getting at. The rhino would be cool. Or beavers.

How many beavers does an LRV weigh?
(11-15-2017, 07:43 AM)Canard Wrote: It’s common to have testing signs. It’s not as common to paint a rhino on it. Smile That’s what I was getting at. The rhino would be cool. Or beavers.

How many beavers does an LRV weigh?

Or geese! Although the number would be a little higher…
BEWARE THE BEAVER doesn't have the same scare effect!
But a giant beaver might. :-)
Which would you rather? One LRT-sized beaver, or an LRT full of beavers?
Could always put a "White elephant" on the side for all the haters Smile

They're finally getting around to reworking the small plaza next to Hans Haus (where the maypole is). Paving is torn up, armour stone is being placed.
They were none too quick about that! I expect that's the property owner rather than Grandlinq or the region, though.
MS Paint to the rescue.... Grandlinq, this one is on the house!

Coke
(11-15-2017, 10:52 AM)timc Wrote: But a giant beaver might. :-)

We've seen a giant beaver roaming the streets of KW for years... though this one is fairly harmless in comparison.

The Lions Club purchased one of the inflatable beavers used during the closing ceremonies of the Vancouver Olympics in 2010 and have since displayed it in local parades and events. at 16 feet tall and 10 feet wide, it's not nearly as large as an LRV, but would still be interesting as part of a marketing event!

If anyone is interested, it appears the Lion's Club has all their inflatables available for rent.

(11-15-2017, 09:39 AM)Coke6pk Wrote: BEWARE THE BEAVER doesn't have the same scare effect!

What about Beware of the Leopard?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwS0wTKxo5E
Beware the polar bear?

Beware the moose?
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
(11-15-2017, 02:10 PM)Coke6pk Wrote: MS Paint to the rescue.... Grandlinq, this one is on the house!

Oh my god, you have to retweet that. That's priceless. Here's a thread from a few days ago actually if you want to add on to it:

https://twitter.com/Canardiain/status/93...3264525314

Re: the Oktoberfest Charles/Frederick rework, there were GrandLinq trucks there yesterday when I went by. What is the nature of the rework in this area?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »