Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Grand River Transit
I know that there will be an overlap period where tickets are still accepted; I would imagine you can also surrender tickets and get credit on your card balance.

I thought GRT said tickets would be good for six months after the cards came into service I also think they said there would be no exchanges.
Correct:
10. What will happen to paper tickets?
Paper tickets will be phased out after the EasyGO fare card is introduced. After GRT stops selling paper tickets, you will have six months to use up any tickets you have. The date by which tickets must be used will be widely publicized.

GRT paper tickets cannot be returned or exchanged.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
(12-10-2017, 08:26 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: Correct:
10. What will happen to paper tickets?
Paper tickets will be phased out after the EasyGO fare card is introduced. After GRT stops selling paper tickets, you will have six months to use up any tickets you have. The date by which tickets must be used will be widely publicized.

GRT paper tickets cannot be returned or exchanged.

Which sucks that they won't transfer the value to an easy-go card. I have a few reduced tickets left that I have no use for now (Since I do not qualify for them, I had them left over from someone who was visiting that did qualify). Guess I will find some random person that I see using them and give them to them.
A number of years ago, they changed the design of the tickets. It was the same then. There was a grace period for transition, and then they said they would stop accepting the old ones. They did not offer replacement then either.
Incidentally, if anyone has tickets they feel they won't be able to use please find a nearby community organization to donate them to. They can always find users in need that can take advantage of them.
Noticed last night that the schedule for the first 204 EB has been changed as of Jan 8 to not allow for a "clean" connection with the 6:04 GO. Current schedule is Weber/Victoria at 5:59. New schedule is 6:04.

I anticipate not being able to make that train ever, which means arriving in Toronto at 9 instead of 8.

(12-15-2017, 11:21 AM)timio Wrote: Noticed last night that the schedule for the first 204 EB has been changed as of Jan 8 to not allow for a "clean" connection with the 6:04 GO.  Current schedule is Weber/Victoria at 5:59.  New schedule is 6:04.  

I anticipate not being able to make that train ever, which means arriving in Toronto at 9 instead of 8.

you really should contact them about this... connecting to GO is (supposedly) a priority for GRT.
If I remember today starts the sales of January passes. They still using the "legacy" passes for Jan? If so, then that is disappointing.

I know they have a few of the old busses with the old fare boxes that they are retiring the entire bus, but for those ones until they have the replacements running in a few weeks, why not have anyone with the fare card just use it as a pass?
I'm certain that even after the launch of EasyGo, that legacy passes will coexist with them for some months.

My guess is that it's actually a backend software issue that's delaying the launch.
(12-15-2017, 02:31 PM)urbd Wrote:
(12-15-2017, 11:21 AM)timio Wrote: Noticed last night that the schedule for the first 204 EB has been changed as of Jan 8 to not allow for a "clean" connection with the 6:04 GO.  Current schedule is Weber/Victoria at 5:59.  New schedule is 6:04.  

you really should contact them about this... connecting to GO is (supposedly) a priority for GRT.

They've updated the schedule to arrive at 6:00.  Hopefully they can make this connection consistently.
(12-20-2017, 10:07 AM)bgb_ca Wrote: If I remember today starts the sales of January passes. They still using the "legacy" passes for Jan? If so, then that is disappointing.

To be honest launching it for January would be a bit impractical - to shift legacy pass users to a new product in the midst of the holidays wouldn't be the wisest choice.

Hopefully it is quite soon, of course.
I've seen University students tapping their university cards on the readers on the bus today.

Oh? Cool.

Edit: This post from Dec 8 indicates "Grand River Transit will be transitioning to their electronic fare system at some point during the Winter 2018 term. At this point, no firm date has been set".
This may be a no-brainer under the HTA, but regarding GRT buses picking up (or dropping off) at a stop:

If that stop is in the right turn lane at an intersection (and the bus, after the stop, needs to merge left back into the through lane). Seems to be some confusion and some drivers will go around to make a right turn in front of the stopped bus regardless.

I've witnessed this a lot more lately, would it not make more sense to plan the bus stop another 30 feet or so away from the intersection to avoid this?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »