Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Garment Street Condos | 25 & 6 fl | U/C
Wow and great to see. Looks like somewhat of an office space boom happening Downtown.

Huge potential for the Huck and Glove building as well.

Does anyone know what the deposit structure was like for One Vic, Charlie West, or the 100? Im curious about this one and figure it'll be the same as Momentum's other projects
For One Vic it was 10% broken up over 180 days.

For Charlie West it’s 15% in 365 but they have some kind of incentive if you are willing to put down 20%.

One hundred is 15% broken up over 210 days, same incentive
Thanks!! I'm assuming we can expect something similar
Residents provided feedback on the development at an information session.

https://www.therecord.com/news-story/809...velopment/
I thought 120 Victoria was a bit of an odd case to target for more parks, with Victoria Park just two blocks away, but I guess the meeting provided an opportunity.  It is true, however, that with all the developments being proposed for DTK, there is going to be a need for more and better public space.  I wonder if the City has designated any land in the Innovation District to be park?
There's lots of empty space within the old Bramm Yards, and they want to bring the Iron Horse Trail connector through there. Hopefully a parcel can be designated as broader green space.

(01-26-2018, 11:56 AM)KevinL Wrote: There's lots of empty space within the old Bramm Yards, and they want to bring the Iron Horse Trail connector through there. Hopefully a parcel can be designated as broader green space.

Exactly. The city needs to have the guts to take initiative and create a great master plan for the Bramm Yards through a public process and everyone will be happy.
(01-26-2018, 11:48 AM)panamaniac Wrote: I thought 120 Victoria was a bit of an odd case to target for more parks, with Victoria Park just two blocks away, but I guess the meeting provided an opportunity.  It is true, however, that with all the developments being proposed for DTK, there is going to be a need for more and better public space.  I wonder if the City has designated any land in the Innovation District to be park?

I'm always supportive of more space, but the parks complaint sounds more like NIMBYism scrabbling for any excuse they can find to oppose development.
(01-26-2018, 11:48 AM)panamaniac Wrote: I thought 120 Victoria was a bit of an odd case to target for more parks, with Victoria Park just two blocks away, but I guess the meeting provided an opportunity.  It is true, however, that with all the developments being proposed for DTK, there is going to be a need for more and better public space.  I wonder if the City has designated any land in the Innovation District to be park?

A park on every block? 

120Victoria is three blocks from Victoria Park and four blocks from Cherry Park ...
(01-28-2018, 11:30 PM)MacBerry Wrote:

A park on every block? 

120Victoria is three blocks from Victoria Park and four blocks from Cherry Park ...

I agree. This is clearly a case of NIMBY'ism. They don't want a park, they're concerned about the city turning into a version of Mississuaga.
(01-28-2018, 11:30 PM)MacBerry Wrote:

A park on every block? 

Ya saying it lacks park access is a bit of a stretch.  Steps from the city's premier park.
Echoing Kevin and rangersfan. A park may sound excessive, but given the nature of this space currently (a large, dumpy parking lot bordered by an elevated freight track), anything to "naturalize" the space helps. With the core inevitably expanding down Victoria (as evidenced by these developments), Victoria will become more of a pedestrian-accessed corridor. Victoria Park really is more of a destination than the uplifting aesthetics that a greenspace in a corridor would provide

Aggh, I replied just as tom moved the posts. would you mind moving mine too, tom?

Urban parks discussion now in a new thread:
http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/s...p?tid=1137
(01-26-2018, 12:47 PM)urbd Wrote:
(01-26-2018, 11:56 AM)KevinL Wrote: There's lots of empty space within the old Bramm Yards, and they want to bring the Iron Horse Trail connector through there. Hopefully a parcel can be designated as broader green space.

Exactly. The city needs to have the guts to take initiative and create a great master plan for the Bramm Yards through a public process and everyone will be happy.

This would be amazing to see... pedestrian flow along the rail corridor as well as over it will be key to connecting SIXO to the innovation district (clearly anchored by this big cluster at 100/120 vic, plus whatever else is to come on the former brahm st lots.) Currently the King st underpass is a bit of a bottleneck - so much great stuff happening on either side - people will have to do a big loop back to King or over to Park to get to the other side if we don't get some kind of pedestrian bridge over the tracks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »