Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Grand River Transit
It is a good warning ahead of LRT (which will have zero fare inspection on boarding) and possible all-door boarding (which would also remove fare inspection).

(01-30-2018, 02:44 PM)timio Wrote: Even slower when you're paying for multiple passengers on one card (bus only).

You don't need a transfer if you're paying by card. Even if you're paying for multiple people.
I have a question regarding a bus pass, and while I could presumably find the answer(s) on the GRT website, I know I will get a more clear explanation here.

I need to get a bus pass for the first time.
1. Are they still a thing, or is the fare card an option yet?
2. If the bus pass is still a go, I presume the only place to get the initial pass (and subsequent passes) in KW is at the Charles Street terminal. Is this correct?

Thank you
The farecard has not yet launched, no. If you don't yet have the photo card part of the pass, that can indeed only be obtained at either of the Region's terminals - Charles or Ainslie. The photo card is $5 by itself, on top of the cost of the monthly paper pass.

Given how close you are to the phase-out of this system, it may be worth asking about how things will be transitioning and if you can recover the cost of the photo card in any way.
Thank you Kevin. That's a good idea to enquire about that.
After I get the initial photo bus pass, do I have to go back to either of those terminals in order to get a pass for the subsequent month? Assuming the fare card isn't in play at that time.
Once you have the photo card, you can get a monthly pass from most locations that sell strips of tickets. I expect GRT has a list of the exact locations on their website somewhere.
/\ Thank you.

(02-06-2018, 01:38 AM)Elmira Guy Wrote: /\ Thank you.

While you have to get the photo at the terminals, you can get monthly passes at various retailers. Note that some sell tickets only, while some sell tickets and passes.

List is here

http://www.grt.ca/en/fares-passes/where-to-buy.aspx
/\ And thank you as well.
There will be an official unveiling of the shiny new ION buses at Cambridge City Hall on the morning of March 9. https://www.facebook.com/events/151064365605340/
A new ridership trend has emerged in the past year on route 8 Courtland/Weber. Large numbers of Indian students attending Conestoga College have moved into various housing complexes from Vanier/Traynor all the way to the highway. Evening buses are often full and sometimes jam packed between The Walton/Vanier Stop and Fairview Park in both directions. I've never seen a localized spike in ridership quite like this.
Good thing the 201 is getting extended to the College, then. Its stop at Courtland/Manitou would be of use to these riders.
(02-11-2018, 10:10 PM)KevinL Wrote: Good thing the 201 is getting extended to the College, then. Its stop at Courtland/Manitou would be of use to these riders.

One of the things now driving the increased evening ridership is that they added more trips to the 110 express so that the last one now leaves the college at 8:55 PM

I just received an e-mail saying I've been chosen as a beta tester of the EasyGO fare card. Cool. Cards are to be picked up starting March 1.
(02-13-2018, 03:47 PM)MidTowner Wrote: I just received an e-mail saying I've been chosen as a beta tester of the EasyGO fare card. Cool. Cards are to be picked up starting March 1.

Same!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »