Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
One Hundred | 21 & 17 fl | U/C
It's a big image but it seems a streetlight in the top corner and nothing else? What should I be seeing?

I want to believe.
It's dark cell phone image, it should show the project is up to the third floor.
(12-05-2017, 12:50 PM)rangersfan Wrote: It's dark cell phone image, it should show the project is up to the third floor.

Alas, no. Just the streetlight and darkness.

I did find out that if I right-click the image and select "View image" to see the image only (without the WRC web page) I see all of it. But on the WRC web page, most of it is not visible.

I don't think posting images from a mobile site works very well. Looking a your photo of the Deloitte building on Joseph St (with View Image) it turns out that most of that is cut off, too.

I recommend you either resize the photo first (if your phone can do that), or upload it to another site and then post a link to it. It's simply not visible on a desktop browser.
Thats the result of posting via mobile. If attaching an image on desktop there I dont believe is an issue.
(12-05-2017, 09:00 PM)Spokes Wrote: Thats the result of posting via mobile.  If attaching an image on desktop there I dont believe is an issue.

I think you are right. At this point I suspect it's not likely to get fixed by MyBB, as it's been an issue for years already. I wonder if it might be possible to display a warning if attaching a photo via the mobile site?
(12-05-2017, 12:50 PM)rangersfan Wrote: It's dark cell phone image, it should show the project is up to the third floor.

Here's a better one for everyone Smile

[Image: SySvxBw.jpg]

(12-06-2017, 10:45 AM)tomh009 Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 09:00 PM)Spokes Wrote: Thats the result of posting via mobile.  If attaching an image on desktop there I dont believe is an issue.

I think you are right. At this point I suspect it's not likely to get fixed by MyBB, as it's been an issue for years already. I wonder if it might be possible to display a warning if attaching a photo via the mobile site?

Ugh you're right.  I feel/dread an eventual software change.  Damnit  

I'll post something in the readme thread
Tower one is now up to the 9th floor.
(03-04-2018, 12:26 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Tower one is now up to the 9th floor.

Is it tower 1 or tower 2? Tower one is 21 floors, correct? But I thought it was not facing Victoria St.
Let me rephrase that, the first tower under construction is on the ninth floor.
This one confuses me. The website lists 15 and 19 stories + 3 story podium. When I count the stories, I count 15 and 19 counting the 3 story podium. So is it going to be 15 + 19 or 18 + 22?
Going from memory, I think at one time amendments were made to the project (increased height) for concessions made to the city and I don't think that the publicly available render was ever updated.

(03-04-2018, 08:13 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Let me rephrase that, the first tower under construction is on the ninth floor.

I understood that....I was asking because I thought Tower 1 wasn't facing Victoria, this tower is...but if it's tower 1, thats fine...finally Kitchener will have a building with more than 19 floors...(this is 21 or 22...)
(03-05-2018, 08:15 AM)jeffster Wrote:
(03-04-2018, 08:13 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Let me rephrase that, the first tower under construction is on the ninth floor.

I understood that....I was asking because I thought Tower 1 wasn't facing Victoria, this tower is...but if it's tower 1, thats fine...finally Kitchener will have a building with more than 19 floors...(this is 21 or 22...)

The tower facing Victoria is the 15 or 18 stories building, the one behind is the taller one.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »