Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
I saw job postings for the regional call centre come over RSS today for 4 temporary positions; the posting closes March 19 (I can't seem to see it now though). The region had said that the call centre would up staff about 3 months before the launch of Ion.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.

Canada Day Weekend?!
(03-13-2018, 06:03 PM)Canard Wrote: Canada Day Weekend?!

More like June 20.
(03-13-2018, 07:04 PM)trainspotter139 Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 06:03 PM)Canard Wrote: Canada Day Weekend?!

More like June 20.

Also known as "late spring".

Found the link:
https://ats.region.waterloo.on.ca/region...=2018-1246

This of course assumes that these positions are related to Ion and not just regular filling of vacancies for staff turn-over or season call volume.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
Finally caught a few shots!!

[Image: 26921200688_2bfd903a37_b.jpg]ION Testing 2 by Matt, on Flickr

[Image: 40081352334_8ae772f75e_b.jpg]ION Testing 7 by Matt, on Flickr
Awesome, Matt! Glad you got to see it. Smile

Here's some raw footage (unedited) from my GoPro while cycling alongside, today. Listen for that horn! Didn't know it had that loud of a voice! Wink

1/1 - Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Heading North toward the crossover at Green.

Crews painted the interface surfaces of the rails with white paint, before running the LRV over them.

They then took lots of detailed measurements and photos of each wear mark.

Heading North through the crossover.

More video:

I had someone comment on one of my videos about how "loud" the trains are. They're really not.
From the Facebook group.
[Image: FVy8TWe.png]
Probably not the kind of information you want to share publicly. Not very nice for the person who offered it up.
Unless he was specifically told it in confidence, I don't see a problem with it. If you tell me something and don't tell me to keep it to myself, I can't reasonably be expected to know it's a secret.
Unless you're under NDA, there are no legal ramifications for sharing that sort of thing. Not your problem if someone who is under NDA shares and doesn't preface by saying "you didn't hear this, but..."
Ethical issues aside, September is a much more realistic start date.

(03-14-2018, 01:11 PM)jamincan Wrote: Unless he was specifically told it in confidence, I don't see a problem with it. If you tell me something and don't tell me to keep it to myself, I can't reasonably be expected to know it's a secret.

Whenever chatting with GrandLinq staff (or their partners), I always assure them that whatever I've heard will not be posted publicly unless they specifically tell me that it's okay to do so.  Just because they may forget to tell me that an item should be kept in confidence, doesn't mean that it shouldn't be kept in confidence.

We're all human, and I'd hate to think that someone would face disciplinary action just because they accidentally dropped their guard around me after seeing me chasing their trains with a grin on my face on umpteen previous occasions.
(03-14-2018, 02:53 PM)JoeKW Wrote: Ethical issues aside, September is a much more realistic start date.

Late June is still possible. Bombardier would have to negotiate with CN for more local switcher time though, which they would have to do anyways once the Metrolinx and Edmonton Freedoms and TTC Flexity Outlooks start rolling off the line.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »