Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.93 Average
ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit
(03-27-2018, 09:03 PM)Canard Wrote: Infinite thanks, Square!!!

You're welcome!   Just hope that some chatter will happen, nothing the last two days  Sad

(03-27-2018, 08:50 PM)Square Wrote: @Canard and all others who are interested!   Here is the link to listen to the LRT Live radio feed!!   http://cykf.net/Liveatc/Transit.php

Sweet....got home early tonight from work (yea, 12 midnight is early)...been listening to the activity since 1AM..surprised how much there was.
(03-28-2018, 01:15 AM)jeffster Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 08:50 PM)Square Wrote: @Canard and all others who are interested!   Here is the link to listen to the LRT Live radio feed!!   http://cykf.net/Liveatc/Transit.php

Sweet....got home early tonight from work (yea, 12 midnight is early)...been listening to the activity since 1AM..surprised how much there was.

That would be the GRT activity lol they are pretty busy getting the buses into the right bays (and holding the ones that are due for service or have defects), fueled up and cleaned all before 5 AM. It's quite a show.  The ION channels though, are pretty quiet for now. There are two players on there, one is GRT and Public Works, the other is ION so be sure when you are there that you are listening to the right one Tongue
Happening now (10:32 AM): a bunch of what sounds like manual grade crossing tests
Is it just on my end or is some of the scanner feed very broken up?
My end too. Control generally seems pretty clear, but the field ops are very choppy.

Sounds like there’s one crew moving from station to station checking things? I just heard something like “We’re at Victoria Park station and the ——— button doesn’t work.”
Yay! 507’s here. Just arrived at Lancaster.

(03-28-2018, 02:00 PM)Canard Wrote: My end too. Control generally seems pretty clear, but the field ops are very choppy.

Sounds like there’s one crew moving from station to station checking things? I just heard something like “We’re at Victoria Park station and the ——— button doesn’t work.”

Thanks, I will monitor a few days online and my own scanner and e-mail the web site if the problem is on his end.
Is it 507? or Metrolinx #7 (505)? and are they bringing it up the spur tonight (I hope as I am out of town tomorrow).
ML Car 9, our 507. Will flip on my yard scanner and see if there's any chatter.

Any reason to give us 507 before 505 or 506?
Yes; think about the production line. Imagine they are building these things sequentially, overlapping. Then someone says "Oops, let's change this." You start implementing the revision on the ones already past that point in the build... and integrate it from the start into the ones that haven't yet reached that point.

So, it's reasonable to assume that 505 and 506 are being retrofitted with some changes that are being made to the fleet here (502-504), and 505/506 in Millhaven, but 507+ already got them.
Not chasing alongside tonight, but just heard on the radio that they're approaching the shared track with the LRT, so they must be at Waterloo Public Square area.

[video=YouTube]https://youtu.be/YQZGx56hJTc[/video]
Are all the forum plugins broken now?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »