Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Public/Street Art in Waterloo Region
(07-05-2018, 08:21 AM)Pheidippides Wrote: The art work at the cold courthouse at Weber and Queen has had its long over-due project installed.

Oh my gosh, that's like four years overdue!   Hope it was worth the wait.

(07-05-2018, 08:21 AM)Pheidippides Wrote: The art work at the cold courthouse at Weber and Queen has had its long over-due project installed.

I saw that the other day and I didn't know what it was.
This from the Region's website:   On September 30, 2014, Council approved the commissioning of Past|Present|Future by Ernest Daetwyler for installation at the Former County Courthouse at 20 Weber St. E., Kitchener. The artwork is a series of seven spheres of different materials relating to evolution and the passage of time. The piece makes a strong artistic statement in line with the project theme, which is evolution of the site and of Regional government. It complements the site, including the historically significant courthouse building and nearby Governor's House and Gaol. People will be encouraged to visit the site to engage with the artwork and enjoy the public space. The artwork will be located on the Queen Street side of the property next to the Ontario Heritage Trust plaques.

[Image: mhv813.jpg]
I discovered this at the Mill/Courtland community centre:

That's cute!
Amazing.
(07-05-2018, 09:15 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Past|Present|Future by Ernest Daetwyler 

[Image: iqx6hZw.jpg]

[Image: Y9h3gAD.jpg]

[Image: pjB4TUG.jpg]

(07-05-2018, 02:51 PM)KevinL Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 09:15 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Past|Present|Future by Ernest Daetwyler 

[Image: iqx6hZw.jpg]

[Image: Y9h3gAD.jpg]

[Image: pjB4TUG.jpg]

I like it... Well worth the wait.  Thanks for taking the pics..
From what I understand the brick sphere is made up of bricks reclaimed from buildings around DTK.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
(07-05-2018, 10:33 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: From what I understand the brick sphere is made up of bricks reclaimed from buildings around DTK.

Correct.  That represents "Past".
Photo 
I didn't realize that there were many spheres to make a whole:

(11-07-2017, 12:58 PM)panamaniac Wrote: A statue of Sir Robert Borden has joined those of Sir John A., Mackenzie King, and L.B. Pearson along the Prime Ministers' Path at Castle Kilbride in Baden.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-...-1.4391043

We ventured over this weekend past and checked them out! They're very well done.
Kim Campbell was also added, just before Canada Day.

Not sure if this is best for here, or the Boardwalk thread, but part of the public space includes a splash pad and public washroom at the end of University Ave. The splash pad was hopping during the hot weather.
(07-05-2018, 09:16 AM)tomh009 Wrote: I discovered this at the Mill/Courtland community centre:

Pamela Rojas is an amazing artist... she was shortlisted for a collection of sculptures for an ION station, but she was not selected in the end Sad
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »